New infantry combat boot at Ranger School?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
abnsigo012
Embryo

New infantry combat boot at Ranger School?

Post by abnsigo012 »

It's been a dream of mine to go to Ranger school, but because I'm a signal officer, that dream has been out of my reach. Until now...after using every resource that I know of, it looks like I'll be able to go sometime later this year with a pre-Ranger date in May and the school right afterwards! I've been PT-ing my ass off, studying, and picking the brains of every Ranger qualifed soldier I know regardless of rank. I've already read a lot of good info from this site, but there's one answer I haven't been able to find....

The classic all-leather infantry combat boot is no longer sold at the Clothing and Sales here at Fort Bragg. After inquiring a bit, I learned that the new infantry combat boot is the new standard-issue boot. This boot came up on another thread:

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2623

Because this is the new standard-issue boot, is this allowed at Ranger School? Or do they still require the classic all-leather boot? I ask this because the all-leather boots I currently have are in horrible shape. I went to buy and break in new ones which was when I found out about the new boot. Should I go ahead and find the classic boots somewhere off-post? My jungle boots are good to go.

Thanks ahead of time for your help. And wish me luck!
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Sir,
Thank you for your service...Your research ability need work!

http://www.benning.army.mil/rtb/RANGER/ ... _list.html
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
abnsigo012
Embryo

Post by abnsigo012 »

I've checked out the packing list already and it didn't answer my question. Obviously it says on there 2 each Boots, Combat Leather. That's not my point. My point is:

- the basic leather boots are no longer sold at the Clothing and Sales at Bragg where I'm stationed
- the new infantry combat boot is all that is being sold (at least here at Bragg) and being issued out to basic trainees
- therefore, because I can't even get the basic leather boot at my Clothing and Sales and this new ICB is the new standard-issue boot, is this allowed at Ranger School even though it doesn't say so on the Aug 2004 packing list?

I apologize for not clarifying this a bit more in my original post. Of course, unless I see a definitive answer regarding the new ICB, I'm going to err on the side of caution and go some place off post to get the classic leather ones. I'm sure there are still plenty of them.

Thanks.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

abnsigo012 wrote:I've checked out the packing list already and it didn't answer my question. Obviously it says on there 2 each Boots, Combat Leather. That's not my point. My point is:

- the basic leather boots are no longer sold at the Clothing and Sales at Bragg where I'm stationed
- the new infantry combat boot is all that is being sold (at least here at Bragg) and being issued out to basic trainees
- therefore, because I can't even get the basic leather boot at my Clothing and Sales and this new ICB is the new standard-issue boot, is this allowed at Ranger School even though it doesn't say so on the Aug 2004 packing list?

I apologize for not clarifying this a bit more in my original post. Of course, unless I see a definitive answer regarding the new ICB, I'm going to err on the side of caution and go some place off post to get the classic leather ones. I'm sure there are still plenty of them.

Thanks.
You are using solid logic in determining your courses of action. I would suggest a call to RTB as a final follow up. 706-544-6418
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
abnsigo012
Embryo

Post by abnsigo012 »

Ranger Silverback: many thanks! I'll give RTB a call and when I find out the answer, I'll post it here.
Last edited by abnsigo012 on January 17th, 2005, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soldier21

Post by soldier21 »

I can't believe the army switched boots. The new ones look like boots the Marines use
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

soldier21 wrote:I can't believe the army switched boots. The new ones look like boots the Marines use
** edit** Nevermind, I see you've been flushed down the toilet already.
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN
abnsigo012
Embryo

Post by abnsigo012 »

I apologize it took so long for me to find out about the new infantry combat boot but I was on TDY a little longer than expected. I just found out the other day that both 82nd pre-Ranger at Bragg where I'm stationed and the RTB confirmed that the new infantry combat boot is authorized in lieu of the classic all-leather leg boot since the leg boot is no longer issued to basic trainees nor are they sold at any MCSS.

All I currently have are jungle boots (and deserts of course) and I don't know anyone who's worn the new ICB. Anyone have a pair? And if so, what do you guys think of it? I'll be getting the new ICB shortly and after I get a chance to break it in I'll will post my opinion of it for anyone that's interested.

Right now I'm thinking that this new damn boot better feel like a damn Mia Wallace foot massage since it's priced at $90-plus! Not to mention it'll be obsolete soon with the new ACUs...
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Don't bother posting your opinion on the combat boot.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

there is a waiver in place so that the ICB can be worn with the ACU.

hasn't been approved yet, but i'm confident about it.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”