Use a pistol....

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Terry Welshan wrote:And thou shall takest the Holy Handgrenade, pull the pin and count to three.
Hahaha!
Thou shalt not count to 5, neither shal thou count to 4. Three shall be the number thou shalt count to........ :lol:
Upon reaching three, the desired number, thou shall loft thine Holy Handgrenade towards thy foe, thus blowing them to tiny bits......
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

I love the Python too. My favorite is the Life of Brian.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

hobbit wrote:
"Many of us carried a hand gun"

I wonder if Roy Boatman would agree? Show me a picture of any N Company team member carrying a hand gun. I've never seen one. You won't find one amongst the 1000 or so photos we have cataloged for the 101st LRRP/Rangers either (only about 1/3 of our photos are online). We didn't even keep hand guns in the weapons bunker.
I carried a .380 auto, Jakovenko carried a .45, Turtle (some of the guys here met him at the last Reunion) carried a snub nosed .38....."many of us carried a hand gun."

And it's not possible for me to give a fuck less what Roy Boatman has to say!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

"I carried a .380 auto, Jakovenko carried a .45, Turtle (some of the guys here met him at the last Reunion) carried a snub nosed .38....."many of us carried a hand gun. And it's not possible for me to give a fuck less what Roy Boatman has to say!"

Now, now. Don't get your Alzheimer's in an uproar Slowpoke. I once told someone I'd spent a year in a Ranger Company in I Corps. "Did you ever kill anybody?" she asked. "No," I said, "We didn't carry weapons, we carried bannana cream pies and threw those at the enemy." Some people carried hand guns. Some people carried bannana creme pies. You can stick to your story if you want, but mine tastes a lot better. :twisted: :twisted:
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

I may not be as wise as the more experienced but I always carried a .45 in the bottom of my aidbag, a Randall #1 on my hip or an antique WWI knuckleduster and a auto-benchmade as well as my M4.

In the desert I carried:

A browning Hi-power+ 6 mags, a cold steel tanto, an auto-microtech, an AK -47 + 5 mags + 75 rd. drm, and a PKM machine gun accross my lap in the back of the SUV.

Not to mention a bunch of grenades and an MP-5 in my assault pack + a diamondback colt .38 in my vest pocket.

A little exessive, I don't Know..... but in an environment where Haji's don't take prisoners and there really is no support, I had peace of mind! :?

Return to “Close Combat”