Thought Id Share

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Thought Id Share

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Heres the story. Its about 1:00 in the afternoon, when I hear the doorbell ring. Im supposed to be at school(parents arent home) and im thinking, shit who could this be. I peek out the window and see a Marine standing outside my door. I open up, say hey, how can I help you, the Marine responds " Are you Mike _______". I said yea, hows it goin'? Marine responds" Ahh, your a very hard person to get in touch with." Im like ok. After about a 5 second pause he tells me that I wanted to get in touch with a marine recruiter, and he has been trying to reach me for a while. I told him sorry, my intrests are in the Army and thanks for stopping by. So he starts questioning me about why I wanted the army over the Marines. This little conversation turned into a 10 minute speech on his part(Mind you its 10 degrees out with snow on the ground). I could see he wasnt leaving with out explaining to me why the Marines are a better choice than the Army. Im starting to freeze my ass off, standing in the doorway with a t-shirt on, so I let him in. We sit down and he gets right into it. Asks me some medical questions, you have asthma? No. Any drug use? No?Blaahh Blaahh. What are you hoping to do in the Army he asks. I said, " Well, im looking for a challenge, travel opportunitys, adventure, wanna shoot guns and jump outta planes. I wanna enlist 18xSpecial Forces." Tells me that the Marines have the toughest basic course in the military. He continues on about the "bad habits" of the Army. Goes on and asked if I had ever heard about RECON. I reply yes. Marine; "Now those are some Tuff guys." If your looking for a real challenge thats where its at. Me; "Ive done tons and tons and tons of research, looked into RECON but wasnt interest. Marine" You should see what these RECON guys can do!" " Any other Special Forces I can definitely get in, but I dont think I could do RECON. Let me tell you more about the Marines it will only take about an hour."(already been like 45 min. of BS) I told him, "Hey, im going to the recruiting station at the end of the week, I really dont have any intrest in being a Marine but ill stop by the Marine's office and pick up some information just to make sure. He leaves.

Now this isnt a story questioning/bashing The Marines/RECON guys, just wanted to share this interesting experience, and wanted to know if pointing out other branches of the military's bad points(some even BS) was standard protocol?
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

The world is getting to be a tough place get people to join any military.

He is trying to make his Quota
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

AAAHHHHHHHH!!!

The "Q" word!
RSD 96-99
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

I don't think the prick showed any class at all.
Going door to door?
Fuck that, the Marine Corps deserves better representation than that.
His commander is an asshole.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Why weren't you in school, you little crack monkey? :lol:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Kilted Heathen wrote:I don't think the prick showed any class at all.
Going door to door?
Fuck that, the Marine Corps deserves better representation than that.
His commander is an asshole.
I thought the same thing, NONE of my recruiters went to my house until after I depped in. The only thing they do REMOTELY close to that is call everyone in the Senior class at the beginning of the year. That just really surprises me that he did that. Must be some low recruiting where you're at.
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

What? You got orders and are all done clearing? Fucking off already. Oh, by the way, here's something I picked up off of Fox. Pretty interesting, has to do with recruiting.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149729,00.html
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

So thats why there arent minorities in SF.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Table of Elements Skater wrote:So thats why there arent minorities in SF.
What the fuck gave you that idea?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Theres a whole thing going on, questioning why there arent that many minorities in the SF community.

Fear of combat is a leading reason why fewer African Americans and young women are choosing the Army, concluded an August 2004 study for the Army. ---FOX News
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Table of Elements Skater wrote:Theres a whole thing going on, questioning why there arent that many minorities in the SF community.

Fear of combat is a leading reason why fewer African Americans and young women are choosing the Army, concluded an August 2004 study for the Army. ---FOX News
Although affirmative action never quite gained favor in the SF community there are minorities contained therein.
Most people have an aversion to being blown up so the commitee of geniuses that conducted the study for the Army aren't exactly pioneers of original thought.
Next time the Marines knock at your door just go ahead and fuckin' sign up with them.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

HEY T.O.E.S.

First off I hate that fuckin term "minority" when we as a people refer to ourselves. Sounds like we as blacks (or any other person of color) are think of ourselves as "less than" anyone else (no offense KH, I"m referring to TOES).

Secondly, if you want to be HIGH SPEED, then you SHOULD HAVE YOUR ASS IN SCHOOL LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!!!

Now Drop and knock out 50!!!

And last but not least, they're are plenty of Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Phillipinos, and every other ethnic race in the Special Ops Community. It ain't about how many its about who is good enough to be there that fuckin counts. Not everybody can be a Ranger whether they want to be or not (whether they're Black or not), Not everybody can join Group and wear the Green Beret (course I have heard of pregnant "women" wearing them before :lol: )

I'm black I don't consider myself a minority of any fucking thing other than I'm a Ranger, and Rangers are in the "minority" in the Army and in life. You wanna go to Group then good luck to you, I've served in both units, didn't care much for Group but it is an honorable thing to do. But you sure as hell won't get there if you're used to slackin off.

Quit playin games with your life and start getting "PREPARED" for it, the first thing is to go to school and finish up WITH HONOR BY DOING WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TASKED TO DO!!! That means doing "ALL" of your homework, turning it in on time, being prepared for your lesson, contributing in class with what you've learned. (Get the picture) :idea:

Playin hooky only gets you used to cuttin corners and cheating yourself, it takes hard work to make in this life, hard work to make it in SF, and hard work to continue to do the right thing, but there is one thing that makes all the hard work worth it................................

The Pride in knowing you worked hard for everything you got and get. Don't dishonor your family and yourself by cheating yourself out of realizing your own true potential. Cause that's all you do when you try to take the easy way in life, you only cheat yourself.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

This is what Bugsy wrote and I agree 110%

And last but not least, they're are plenty of Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Phillipinos, and every other ethnic race in the Special Ops Community. It ain't about how many its about who is good enough to be there that fuckin counts.

Amen. I don't care if a guy is a purple, hermaphodite, space alien with a dick growing out of his forehead. If he can hack it, then he should be there, period. The only reason I posted the story is because it happen to be on the news that day and it seemed relevant to the recruiting theme of this thread.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “The Mosh Pit”