Intro and apology.

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Tommy

Intro and apology.

Post by Tommy »

I know I have pissed off many a fellow, Rangers and Marines. Most of my post's were in good faith. However some were very convoluted, distasteful, and meant to push buttons. I never meant to hurt some of the BTDT's, or the others. I have seen things that people shudder at in their dreams. I'm not a Bad ass, nor am I some Direct Action shooter, I'm just a person that has seen the world in the worst light(or best).
I have been hooked on these forums for about 6 months. I was initially looking for buds.

I have said things, while under the bottle, that I would not repeat to my future grandchildren. I do respect all of your posts and replies, even if mine don't seem to be incoherent. I have been diligently working on posting substantial replies.

Yes, I have been both a Ranger and a Recon Marine. I'm sorry for hurting members of both units. Even though I have my own politics, I should not try and push them here when I'm half in the bag.

I was a good kid in the Rangers, but after a bad marriage in the Marines, I became something else. I did separate my garrison and field life as long as possible, and did well in my field work. But CID wasn't far behind. After ten years, 7 in ops it was time to go.

Sincerely Thomas.

P.S. Sorry for any pain I may have caused.

Salt, Jody, and Earth. This is a formal apology for you all who hold this site together... not to metion Leather. I'm at fault, not you. I had a hard time managing my emotions after cred's were being checked (and drinking heavy). I give my hat off to you all and the Admins, for making this place a proff forum.

Thomas........
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Tommy-

Although it is quite late, I must say that your apology seems solid and from the heart. Having screwed up many times myself in life, I realize how difficult and unpleasant it is to offer up a sincere apology. To me, it is a sign of being a man, when you can stuff your pride in a hip pocket, grab your balls, and make a sound apology like you just did.

Unfortunately, because I am not perfect and am not a Baptist preacher, it is not easy for me to totally absolve someone, simply because they have "seen the light" and have "confessed their sins."

I think that your apology has definately had a positive impact on me, but what I would like to see is this:
a.) I would like to see you contribute worthwhile posts, containing good, solid, useful information, which our DEPers and other members can get something positive from.
b.) I would like to see you abstain from making posts when you are intoxicated, as this seems to be when the friction begins.
c.) I would like to see you be placed in a probationary period, either based upon time or number of posts.
d.) and finally, I would like you to PM me and ellaborate on a statement you made in reference to me over at SOCNET. No, I don't want to spend all of my computer time in PM with you, I simply want an explanation.

For what it's worth, I am only a Moderator here...not an ADMIN. The Administrator might zap you with the God Gun as soon as he sees your name here. The above criteria are only my suggestions.

In any case, I applaud you for making such a sound apology.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”