A guy died

Basic & AIT
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Hey Morris, it may be freaky but it's not that rare. When I went through we had a kid drop dead of a heart attack in the D-FAC at Reception Bn. When we went out to do NBC training, a thunderstorm rolled up and the whole company was out in a sand pit that accumulated about six inches of water in a matter of minutes. Lightning hit a tree, travelling through the water, and suddenly there were fifteen kids doing the "kickin' chicken". Smelled like burnt hair/and wet dog! Two weeks later some dumbass decided that he couldn't handle the Army anymore, so he blew his head off on the 'confirm zero' range. A kid was doing flutter kicks in RIP and didn't realize he was on a fireant hill. He was stung so many times that he went into anaphalactic shock and his heart stopped....
I could really go on and on, but my point here kids is that you're not going to summer camp....the job you have chosen is NO FRIGGIN' JOKE. The mission is dangerous, the training is dangerous, and you will be exposed to as much danger as you care for.
Point is KEEP YOUR SHIT TIGHT. Anything and everything can kill you; the environment, the idiot to your left and right, and WHEN, NOT IF, you go to combat, so can your enemy. Sleep tight... :twisted:
DGhost
Embryo

Bah

Post by DGhost »

This acctually happened the day I arrived here, I believe. kinda funny. heard a lot about it in the week after it happened. not much to say, really. the kid died. kinda sucks.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

was his name tommy cruz, cause i know a week before i got to 30th AG a kid had died while running the mile for the prelim pt test, and i think his name was tommy cruz...tahts what it said all over the walls in the back stairwell...r.i.p. tommy cruz.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

They graffitied walls to memoralize some fat ass, non-hacker, been in the Army 72 hours turd? I hoped against hope that Ft. Benning was still a bastion of soldiering while the rest of the Army turned into the Big Green Welfare Machine. Thanks for crushing my last shread of hope.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

well, if its any comfort, i mean, im sure he was a bct guy, not an ITB prospect.....i mean....he had to be bct...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

We have not heard shit from Pale Pony Rider for SOOO LONG.

I mean, it's been so long, I even forgot what I used to call him just to insult him. Is he still on Airborne Medical Hold or perhaps he quit RIP already on account of the chick he was seeing in Columbus - see, that really is the reason for us not wanting these kids to get attached to chicks during airborne school (during the training pipeline - Cat), this kid had prospects at one point in time, now, he's probably fucked up his life already.

You think that we're all a bunch of grumpy old sexists but really, its for the children....
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Perhaps I should shoot on over to FT. Benning and check on PV2 Mazzey....
Cat

Post by Cat »

Rgr Neves wrote:We have not heard shit from Pale Pony Rider for SOOO LONG.

see, that really is the reason for us not wanting these kids to get attached to chicks during airborne school (during the training pipeline - Cat), this kid had prospects at one point in time, now, he's probably fucked up his life already.

You think that we're all a bunch of grumpy old sexists but really, its for the children....
Huh - that was a challenge if I ever heard one. Although I have been taught to respect my elders I will take the challenge. What is this round three or four? I lost count.

I don’t know why PHR has not updated his status. Perhaps his injuries or his will probably had more to do with his situation than his girlfriend. Besides the earlier thread -if I remember correctly- told the DEPs to stay away from women in green. I don’t remember civilians playing a role in that thread -but in others. I was not aware of the training aspects of the warning until Rgr Jody pointed them out to me earlier. Now I understand.

No I don’t think you all are a bunch of grumpy old sexist -just one. :wink:
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Just to teach an old cat a new trick so we don’t have to here her drivel anymore uncle C will tell a bedtime story. Once I got my E5 I got my own room with a shower a shiter and 2 wallockers. Talk about high cotton. So this room is right on the end of the RIP building so I got to see a lot of the antic that went on there. The funniest of which was the RIP holdover queens. Seems there were 4 or 5 local chicks whose sole mission in life was to prey on the RIP holdovers. Usually they would pick the quitters and not the medicals. The quitters were only there about 3 weeks or so before they got orders. So these chicks would get these poor non-hackers wrapped around their fingers and get the guys to buy em shit and spend money on em. Then the guys would get shipped out, a new class would get there and they would have a whole new batch of quitters to abuse. I tried to tell one or two of these poor sots about these bimbos but when then bitches get to showing that pussy them brains go out the window. Off topic but does anyone remember the poor fucker that sat in RIP holdover for like a year cause the DA lost his whole file?
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Cat

Post by Cat »

Rgr cbar10
Yeah I remember how guys would get caught up with civilians and spend a lot of money on them. My unit in Georgia deployed to two places in Saudi for 6 months at a time. I remember that when guys returned they would buy costly cell phones and get locked into plans for 3 or 4 years. Many bought expensive cars.

Also there was one civilian that worked her way through the different guys in the barracks. I remember I didn’t understand how they could be with her and know that she had been with all their buddies.

I think people see what they want to see and that they are not stupid. Young guys who just join the Army will usually find a way to waste their money – whether it is on a cell phone they don’t need, a car they can’t afford, or a woman that doesn’t care about them. I guess the old saying is true . . . A fool and his money are soon parted.
Last edited by Cat on December 9th, 2003, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Saltbitch wrote:Perhaps I should shoot on over to FT. Benning and check on PV2 Mazzey....
That would be a splendid plan. I would not want him to think we don't care, or worse, that we've forgotten about him. Please let me know if he's in RIP so I can prepare a care package for him. :twisted:
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Roger that... 8)

Return to “About OSUT”