Eyewar

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

'Go-fast glasses' can be purchased via Ranger Joe's; however I think you have to get your own lenses put in. As I've never worn glasses, I don't know the ins-n-outs with them; but Ranger Joe's is where you can buy them. Catalog or online. They're very stylish; and sure to get you laid. :shock:

I did the research for you: www.rangerjoes.com, go to 'eyewear', then to MAG-1. That appears to be the actual name for them (MAG-1). Who knew..
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

If you wear these you will have to use some 550 cord as a replacement for the rubber strap. The strap that comes w/ them aare extremely thin around the temple area to allow use w/ a gas mask, but the rubber will easily break or melt fropm bug juice. these are army issue I believe and you should have no problem getting them issued.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

They should be issued unless you unit doesn't have access to them. I would buy a pair through Ranger Joe's just in case. They may not be stylism but they are the best the army has to offer. A lot better than the birth control glasses. At least these will handle rough wear.

Ranger2
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Disposable contacts are really the way to go, just always carry 2 extra pr on your body at all times.

Return to “Personal Gear”