H8's Arsenal

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Ranger H8 Train wrote:How do you like that M3? Heard they are preety sweet. My PSG and I would argue all the time about which one is better the M1 or the M3. :lol:

Curious why you went with the standard stock and not the pistol grip buttstock? Nice collection of guns brother. :wink:

That is a negative on the bolt gun FF. I am going with the SOCOM 16 next. :wink: Gotta get me a .308.

This bit of info goes out to everyone. If you ain't got ghost ring sites you ain't got a real Benelli. :lol:
My M3 was a H&K import from 1994 just AFTER the ban. It was on consignment at my gun dealer, and I got it for about $600. I have a pic of it with the pistol grip stock on it somewhere. The M3 is nice if you have low power rounds that won't cycle the Benelli and you have to pump it. Somewhere I have some little video of me shooting slugs at frozen milk jugs a couple days after 9/11.

I sold the Benelli to a SWAT guy up in Salem. He wanted one for hitting meth houses with, and I wanted another pistol. I'm thinking hard about a Winchester Super X2 Practical Mk IV. Nerves in my shoulder are too fucked to shoot slugs out of a Benelli for any length of time, gas guns are so much easier on us old(er) guys.

I want to build a M4, and a 6.8SPC upper. I'm hoping that the H&K M4 upper, or at least the op-rod assembly will trickle down soon. Plus, I want to add a STI-framed .45 single-stack into the mix, probably a full-length dustcover with Unique slide cut down to Commander-length with a bull barrel.

I'm also keen on getting a DSA FAL or something in .308 as well.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

My M3 was a H&K import from 1994 just AFTER the ban. It was on consignment at my gun dealer, and I got it for about $600.
You lucky bastard.... :? 8)
The M3 is nice if you have low power rounds that won't cycle the Benelli and you have to pump it.
I only found one brand that I can't cycle through mine. I usually fire Winchester bird shot when I am shooting for kicks. They cycle really well. I really wish I could afford to shoot 3" slugs out of it on a normal basis. There is about a one foot flame that comes out of the end when you put real shells through it.
Somewhere I have some little video of me shooting slugs at frozen milk jugs a couple days after 9/11.
I'd like to see that shit! :twisted:
I sold the Benelli to a SWAT guy up in Salem.
:shock: :?
Nerves in my shoulder are too fucked to shoot slugs out of a Benelli for any length of time, gas guns are so much easier on us old(er) guys.
Just can't handle it any more huh? :lol: :wink:

I'm also keen on getting a DSA FAL or something in .308 as well.
What is your take on the SOCOM 16?
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

The SOCOM 16 is pretty cool, I don't know how much I care for a forward mount for the optics.

I've read on some other boards about people have issues with the M1As from Springfield, but I have no experience with them.

The 3-Gun competitive shooters have nothing but positive things to say about both the DSA Carbine FALs and the SOCOM 16s.

I want one of these:

http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?I ... mwtact.gif
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

That is badass! :shock: :twisted:

I like their AR uppers they have also.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

H8 all I can say is Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

Nice toys you guys got there. I need a job that pays more. I did pick up a Springfield NM M-1 Garand for $200.00 and 1000 rounds of .45 ACP. I'll try to get a pic of it. Friend of mine had it and didn't know what he had. Of course I told him after I got my hands on it. :lol:
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
CAL
Paratrooper

Post by CAL »

Edited for lack of attention to detail.
Last edited by CAL on December 17th, 2004, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArmyParatrooper.org

514th Sig Co. (LRE) '97-'02
AATW!
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

lawdog wrote:Nice toys you guys got there. I need a job that pays more. I did pick up a Springfield NM M-1 Garand for $200.00 and 1000 rounds of .45 ACP. I'll try to get a pic of it. Friend of mine had it and didn't know what he had. Of course I told him after I got my hands on it. :lol:

Don't lie.

You don't have any friends.
RSD 96-99
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Ranger H8 Train wrote:
CAL wrote:Good shit Ranger H8! How do you like your GI 1911? A 1911 is next on my list and I like the price tag of the GI, but the sights look HORRIBLE. I was looking at the MilSpec parkerized from Spr. Arm.
The standard sights aren't that bad. That pistol is amazing you just have to point and shoot and will the bullets where you want them to go. But I am going to get new sights for the 1911.
My club hosts a "Single-Stack Championship" practical pistol match every year. We've had some participative sponsorship from Springfield Armory, and last year we raffled off 4 stainless GI .45s. The prior year we gave away a Trophy Match. This year (June) we are giving away 7 guns, 3 Armscor 1911s, and 4 Springfields.

Ranger H8 Train: Have that slide dovetailed for some Novak or McCormick sights. You won't be sorry.
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

Vee wrote:
lawdog wrote:Nice toys you guys got there. I need a job that pays more. I did pick up a Springfield NM M-1 Garand for $200.00 and 1000 rounds of .45 ACP. I'll try to get a pic of it. Friend of mine had it and didn't know what he had. Of course I told him after I got my hands on it. :lol:

Don't lie.

You don't have any friends.
You'd have called me a friend if you wouldn't have gone home so early Tuesday night. No, I wasn't going to share but there were others. :)
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

DoorGunner wrote: H8 and I got a blood pact, Wooden boat, gallon of gas, wooden match and push me out to sea.

That's cool 8)

I'll be there with a barrel of ale, my sword and some good pipeweed to see you off to Valhalla. :wink:
RSD 96-99
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

FireFinder wrote:The SOCOM 16 is pretty cool, I don't know how much I care for a forward mount for the optics.

I've read on some other boards about people have issues with the M1As from Springfield, but I have no experience with them.

The 3-Gun competitive shooters have nothing but positive things to say about both the DSA Carbine FALs and the SOCOM 16s.

I want one of these:

http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?I ... mwtact.gif
That is a nice rifle. Is that a civilan model? I need one of those for my next purchase.

Ranger2
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

lawdog wrote:
You'd have called me a friend if you wouldn't have gone home so early Tuesday night. No, I wasn't going to share but there were others. :)

Don't brag asshole.

It's unbecoming of an officer of the law :wink:
RSD 96-99
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Abell9 wrote:
h8 fan #1 wrote: I LOVE YOU H8 TRAIN! YOU DA MAN!!

:shock: :shock: Well, OK, then.....Hate....think you are being stalked!

Pastor, it is probably H8 himself. I knew that he had an EGO....but I had no idea it was this bad.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Abell9 wrote:
h8 fan #1 wrote: I LOVE YOU H8 TRAIN! YOU DA MAN!!

:shock: :shock: Well, OK, then.....Hate....think you are being stalked!
Christ now he has a fan club! 8)
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Return to “Weapons of War”