Best of 2004 - Open Category

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ripcord
Tadpole

Post by Ripcord »

For me meeting all the Rangers and Vets and Sisters also not have to watch what i say .Like if i want to say Fuck no one really gives a fuck if i say it :wink:
A/2-501 Anb Inf 101st Abn
RVN 1970/1971 Northern I Corps
If You Have Not Made Out A Will Do So now ,SSG H Breifing new Troopers In Viet-Nam
Wakan Tanka Nici Un
Ripcord , Drive on
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

One last item for me. Driving across our fine country to meet old buds and new ones too. Sleeping 1 nite going and coming to 2004 reunion at Vee's house. His wifey and cute girls pulled out all the stops to give me a memoriable stay with hospitality of the likes I have never before been given. Vee is a young Ranger through and through. I can't say enough good about him and his family and friends (Lawdog). :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Re: Best of 2004 - Open Category

Post by Bell »

Ranger wrote:What was the best or most entertaining thing you experienced on the ArmyRanger.com Forum for the year 2004, from kicking dogs, hooking up with new/old friends, modifying images submitted by others, smoking cherries, banning idiots, you name it.
You guys. And that means everyone.

RLTW
Bell
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

The whole site and all the folks on it have been a great help to me, and a welcome haven, in a very real, though odd, sort of way. Being here is a highlight of the year for me.

The conversation with Ranger Abell in the Picture Post was the most entertaining couple of days for me. :) 8)
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

The following is something that I shared with a certain Ranger earlier today. It about sums up my feelings for the site. I've enjoyed every single bit, the girttiness, the humor, the honesty. You all rank high in my book. Have a wonderful New Year, and be safe.

"I love being here. My time "in" was the best time, most comfortable time in my life... I have found something that parallels that sense of belonging here. It seems I stumbled across a group of buds sitting around a fire, enjoying each others company ... thanks for accepting in an admirer, and Sister Vet. Feels like home."
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

NoahH wrote:Getting text messages that say 'Beat your face!" from other DEPs and actually doing it.

The funniest was when Kelly-Belly unleashed her verbal AK-47 on MoniD. That was awesome.
Yeah, I gotta agree. What would I do without the messages on my phone from Noah telling me to do pushups or flutterkicks
A co 3/75 '07-'10
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Malarkey wrote:
NoahH wrote:Getting text messages that say 'Beat your face!" from other DEPs and actually doing it.

The funniest was when Kelly-Belly unleashed her verbal AK-47 on MoniD. That was awesome.
Yeah, I gotta agree. What would I do without the messages on my phone from Noah telling me to do pushups or flutterkicks
haha...and the voicemails.. :lol:

I would also have to say Ranger Abell9's 'Gumbie' post was pretty damn funny...
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

Vee introduced me to this site some time back and I must say this is one great group of people. Everyone with a sense of duty and honor that is truly admirable. I wasn't sure if I'd take any interest in it at first but I've come to know some people here that I feel are true friends. Plus, I laugh my ass off on a daily basis. Happy New Year everyone.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Well if I knew we were going to have popularity contests I would have tried harder. This year it will be totally different and I will try my best to win some award.

Fuck that. The reason I come here is for the brotherhood and you Ranger crack me up on a regular basis. It almost makes me feel like I am back in my squad room and when shit hits the fan here sometime I really need that.

Fuck you all but thanks for being Ranger buddies too.

Ranger2
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I think the best thing this last year was the excellent advice and war stories I heard from some of our true hard core Rangers.... Plavney, Appollyon, and Bravo22 come to mind. :twisted:

Truthfully..... getting to know all of you.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Unbelievable year.

*Vegas Desert Shootout with Spartan, Luna, Toad, BM, and myself.
* Kansas City Shootout with USAFTACP, EarthPig, Saltbitch, and some others not from here.
* Ocoee River Float and Shootout: CD, Terry Welshan, Hate Train, Saltbitch, Fleshthorn, Intel Toad, Ron 375, Leatherneck, myself.
* Hate Trains Wedding, met Doorgunner.
* Fishing trips with Ron Bell, Fish 3069, Earth Pig, Dublo, and Leatherneck.
* Conversations with Vee, Salt, Jim, EP and Ron Bell.

Amazing to be able to meet that many Rangers who don't know each other and they get together and it is as if they had been life long friends. Ive enjoyed talking with the Sisters, meeting some your families, wives, kids, parents, Aunts, Uncles, and friends.
Be hard to beat 2004. But because of the good times we had in 04, looks like 05 gave birth to even more.
* The idea of Camp Sponte was spawned and will take flight this coming year where Rangers and friends can come hang out, talk shit or talk serious, build a fire, eat, laugh, fish and shoot amoung people they want to be around.
* Vee, Slowpoke, Fish, and Julieanne are coming to Matagorda in 2005.
* Tool is tentative for April fishing.

And ladies and gents, my life is very good. Thanks for sharing.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Abell9 wrote:Unbelievable year.

*Vegas Desert Shootout with Spartan, Luna, Toad, BM, and myself.
* Kansas City Shootout with USAFTACP, EarthPig, Saltbitch, and some others not from here.
* Ocoee River Float and Shootout: CD, Terry Welshan, Hate Train, Saltbitch, Fleshthorn, Intel Toad, Ron 375, Leatherneck, myself.
* Hate Trains Wedding, met Doorgunner.
* Fishing trips with Ron Bell, Fish 3069, Earth Pig, Dublo, and Leatherneck.
* Conversations with Vee, Salt, Jim, EP and Ron Bell.

Amazing to be able to meet that many Rangers who don't know each other and they get together and it is as if they had been life long friends. Ive enjoyed talking with the Sisters, meeting some your families, wives, kids, parents, Aunts, Uncles, and friends.
Be hard to beat 2004. But because of the good times we had in 04, looks like 05 gave birth to even more.
* The idea of Camp Sponte was spawned and will take flight this coming year where Rangers and friends can come hang out, talk shit or talk serious, build a fire, eat, laugh, fish and shoot amoung people they want to be around.
* Vee, Slowpoke, Fish, and Julieanne are coming to Matagorda in 2005.
* Tool is tentative for April fishing.

And ladies and gents, my life is very good. Thanks for sharing.
It was a pleasure meeting you too Pastor.

I'll be down your way too in the first half of the year.

R2-It is like a squad room! And ya know I should have won the poularity contest! :lol:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

lawdog wrote:Vee introduced me to this site some time back and I must say this is one great group of people. Everyone with a sense of duty and honor that is truly admirable. I wasn't sure if I'd take any interest in it at first but I've come to know some people here that I feel are true friends. Plus, I laugh my ass off on a daily basis. Happy New Year everyone.
As a plus, you had a rather interesting online relationship with a young lady from Atlanta that you met on this board, from what I understand. :lol:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Spartan wrote:
lawdog wrote:Vee introduced me to this site some time back and I must say this is one great group of people. Everyone with a sense of duty and honor that is truly admirable. I wasn't sure if I'd take any interest in it at first but I've come to know some people here that I feel are true friends. Plus, I laugh my ass off on a daily basis. Happy New Year everyone.
As a plus, you had a rather interesting online relationship with a young lady from Atlanta that you met on this board, from what I understand. :lol:

DOOOOOOAH!!! 8)

Image[/img]
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

BM isn't that our friend sushi-san.
Can we post this on his blog?
I think that would be funny as hell.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “The Mosh Pit”