Feeling Morbid?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Feeling Morbid?

Post by hobbit »

I'm 65. I still say I'll see a nuclear exchange before I die.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
rangerjd
Ranger

Re: Feeling Morbid?

Post by rangerjd »

Just when you thought it was over, back by popular demand, Barack Hussein Obama brings back the Cold War. My kids and grand kids thank you. NOT!!!!!!
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I believe we will see war or large scale terrorist attacks within the borders of the United States before the end of this Presidents term of office. This will cause Martial Law to be invoked in the US and cancel Presidential elections.

Don't believe it? I didn't believe a handful of Sand-My Mom has sex with Donkey's could kill over 3,000 Americans in New York City either!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Slowpoke wrote:I believe we will see war or large scale terrorist attacks within the borders of the United States before the end of this Presidents term of office. This will cause Martial Law to be invoked in the US and cancel Presidential elections.

Don't believe it? I didn't believe a handful of Sand-My Mom has sex with Donkey's could kill over 3,000 Americans in New York City either!
Sadly, I cannot really disagree with you.

Should a nuclear weapon be detonated, no matter where on earth, the consequences will destroy the US way of life that we have enjoyed for a century. Even if this nation is untouched by such a weapon, the financial and legal effects will be incomprehensible.

We may yet live to see a collapse of civil order.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

xray wrote:Wait, your older than that, didn't you already see one!!!! Nice to see you dropping in.
I did! But it was 1800' underground. I went to the Nevada Test Site in 1988 out of morbid curiosity. There were 8000 people gathered there, mostly demonstrators, but a lot of people like me who were just curious. You can't actually get onto the Nevada Test Site, which includes Nellis Air Force Base, so demonstrators have traditionally grouped up adjacent to the site along Highway 95 near Indian Springs, which means you're anywhere from 15-60 miles from the actual underground blast sites. Nevertheless, they said afterward it rattled windows in Las Vegas, more than 65 miles away. I definitely felt it. As a California boy, it felt like maybe a magnitude 5+ temblor. It gives you pause for reflection, that's for sure.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lefty wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:I believe we will see war or large scale terrorist attacks within the borders of the United States before the end of this Presidents term of office. This will cause Martial Law to be invoked in the US and cancel Presidential elections.

Should a nuclear weapon be detonated, no matter where on earth, the consequences will destroy the US way of life that we have enjoyed for a century. Even if this nation is untouched by such a weapon, the financial and legal effects will be incomprehensible.

Karl, I share your concern. It's the end of the world as we know it.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:
Lefty wrote:

Karl, I share your concern. It's the end of the world as we know it.
Being within the 25 mile circle of NYC - I can kiss my ass "goodbye".
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

I'm in the same boat living outside of Philadelphia and well within the blast radius of the local nuke power plant.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Playing around with it, I'm far enough outside ATL that unless they detonate one of the 50MT Russian devices downtown, I would be good-to-go. Except for the resulting zombies of course...
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Nice tool, I'm ok if they Detroit but I am in the fall out area for Chicago.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

al_2ndWolfhounds wrote:Nice tool, I'm ok if they Detroit but I am in the fall out area for Chicago.
I thought they already nuked Detroit...
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

RangerX wrote:
al_2ndWolfhounds wrote:Nice tool, I'm ok if they Detroit but I am in the fall out area for Chicago.
I thought they already nuked Detroit...
No, Detroit was carpet bombed.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Return to “The Mosh Pit”