Going on a trip...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

goon175
Ranger

Going on a trip...

Post by goon175 »

Going on a little trip for a fundraiser, check it out! Any help, either monetary or just sharing the link, is greatly appreciated! 100% of the proceeds going to Gallant Few.

Per mile pledge: https://www.athlete.com/events/particip ... e+Concepts

Flat rate donation: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nomadic-veterans
Last edited by goon175 on June 6th, 2014, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Going on a trip...

Post by Jim »

Lunch wrote: Can a person snail-mail a donation?
Same question. Some of us FOGs don't trust pay-pal.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

We are starting in Denver, and going east as hard and fast as we can. We aren't using PayPal, but just straight credit/debit card will work (assuming you trust that). It works the same as if you were doing any other online shopping.

As far as a snail-mail donation, I don't want to turn you down, but at the same time it helps if the donation is through our online donation platform for accountability reasons. If you really don't want to go that route though, the best address to use would be:

Blackside Concepts
PO Box 63925
Colorado Springs, CO 80962

Thanks for the help guys, and I'll be posting up lots of videos and updates on our social media pages as we progress, and of course the documentary (once it is edited) will be awesome as well!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

We are taking off tomorrow at midnight, finalizing my pack right now. We'll be headed east from Denver, with the intent of reaching NYC within 12 days. We'll be posting updates as we go on the various Blackside Concepts social media platforms, if we make it to your AO, we won't turn down a ride, sandwich, or coffee!

Also, if you are interested in donating, you can pledge as little as one cent a mile at the following link:
https://www.athlete.com/events/particip ... e+Concepts
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

I'd say good luck, but you two won't need it. You make your own luck. I'll make a donation in the next day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Just got back, good to be home! Thank you to everyone who supported us - monetarily or otherwise. We couldn't have gotten as far as we did without you. I have a lot to say about this trip, more to follow! Oh, and we raised in excess of 20k for Gallant Few!
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Outstanding job. I was monitoring at work and pushing out updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”