VA sending letters to some Veterans Prohibiting them from ow

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: VA sending letters to some Veterans Prohibiting them fro

Post by IEDmagnet »

If I receive that letter, are they going to find me a new job or up my disability rating?

I mean, I have a disability rating through the VA for PTSD. I'm being treated for, but not claiming for pay, TBI. And yet I am a functioning Police Officer, carrying a firearm daily, and haven't killed anyone without cause yet. I have not even had an excessive force complaint since 2006 (unfounded due to video evidence following IA Investigation). Yep, let them send me that letter, the paper will return colored brown and smelling eerily similar to my fecal matter.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

It takes a lot to be determained incompent. I mean a shit load. like suicidal, homicidal or just very fucking crazy. The only people that I know of that have been ruled incompetant have had that ruling by a judge. Thses people also cannot even manage their own money and are under a careperson. People have been ruled incompetant due to mental health reasons for years and years. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a severe mental illness then you probably shouldn't own firearms anyhow
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

I saw this on several facebook posts, and I'm wondering if it is bullshit. We have quite a few of us on here, with disabilities or have had treatment for PTSD. How many of you have received one of those letters?

There is a lot to distrust this government about right now, but you have to question a lot of the stuff on the internet and facebook.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Let me say that the VA cannot find you mentally incompetent. I judge has to do that. Although I am not sure but I imagine they could use your records to do so. But having a diagnosis won't get it done. Severe bipolar or schizophenia will do it. Making comments like you plan on killing yourself, neighbor, local police chief, the president or even the aliens in your back yard will do it as well. Next time you buy a gun from a store actually take the time to read the ATF form 4473 and in particular check out question 11f. It is right there. I was going to cut and paste the question but you can all look it up. Pay extra attention to the special instructions for 11f

Click there for your own sake just do it before you lock yourself in your fear bunker and start shoving ammo up your ass to hide it from the cops.
http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Although I do have to say the paranoia thta is being shown over this issue might be signs that some people, and I won't name names, might be on the list to have your firearms removed. If this fits your procfile you can just drop off all of your guns at my house and I will keep them safe for you.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I'd like to raise the BS flag. I think this is just too much like many internet hoaxes.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Baseplate wrote:Although I do have to say the paranoia thta is being shown over this issue might be signs that some people, and I won't name names, might be on the list to have your firearms removed.
I imagine we are all on a few lists. I figure this should not induce fear, but pride. The more of us that get on lists, the more daunting the task will be to remove us.

Or, to illustrate what I meant... imagine if every Jew had a gun, or just a really sharp spoon, and every Jew killed one Nazi soldier when they came for them. Eventually there would be very few Nazis and they would have a serious respect for going after people who are on their lists
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rgrokelley wrote:
Baseplate wrote:Although I do have to say the paranoia thta is being shown over this issue might be signs that some people, and I won't name names, might be on the list to have your firearms removed.
I imagine we are all on a few lists. I figure this should not induce fear, but pride. The more of us that get on lists, the more daunting the task will be to remove us.

Or, to illustrate what I meant... imagine if every Jew had a gun, or just a really sharp spoon, and every Jew killed one Nazi soldier when they came for them. Eventually there would be very few Nazis and they would have a serious respect for going after people who are on their lists
I could not have thought of a better response.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Psycho7
US Army Veteran

Post by Psycho7 »

Its not BS I got one in 2010. I'm 100% T&P. The VA can do it with out a judge. A doc just has to label you that and your nightmare begins. Some states don't recognize that law.
Psycho7
US Army Veteran

Post by Psycho7 »

good now i got to dig thru tons of papers

Return to “The Mosh Pit”