Advice for dealing with liberal professors?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Advice for dealing with liberal professors?

Post by Jim »

Do your homework and study for the tests. If he gets personal, do not take it personally. Cooperate and graduate.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I went to a small school in Pennsylvania. The English teacher was on my case. I could not get better than C or D. One day I turned in a paragraph form a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. I got a C-, not for plagerism but there was enough red ink on it for a fatal blow. I went to the Principal and explained myself. He went bat-shit over plagerism -- I pointed out that he missed the point -- the grade was based on how it was written; and asked if they expected a high school senior to write better than a Pulitzer Prize-winning author. Hewas pissed. He called my parents. The bullshit continued until I graduatede.

Fast-forward to 1987. I'm on the promotion list for LTC, and commanding a battalion. I went to my 25th High School reunion. I brought along an article that I'd written for Engineer Magazine. The English teacher advised me that her son who went to the Naval
Academy was going to retire. What she failed to say was he retired as a Lieutenant Commander (Major in the Army).
Last edited by Jim on September 13th, 2012, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Do you want social engineering advice, or do you want to be successful...

If you want to be successful then listen to the great advice offered by the articulate and extremely experienced Rangers who have already responded. I could provide no better than they.

If you just want to fuck with a liberal (maybe not this one SPECIFICALLY, but others in the future) the base mechanics/social engineering answer could not be simpler: Appear to get along with the protagonist for a short period of time. Laugh at their jokes, agree with them on middle ground topics, make them feel like a good person when you get the chance. After a week or so of this, they will feel emboldened to make more snarky remarks from their political soapbox. Start making your own snarky remarks to counter theirs. Because you have been agreeable they will have to laugh and agree with YOUR remarks. You will already be 'stealing the show' among your peers. Now you own the spotlight. Pick a hot issue you know a LOT about. Make sure you have two to three IRREFUTABLE speaking points about your issue. Since your protagonist is political, make it a political issue, like the democrats are trying to take milk away from school lunches or something. Find a way to get your protagonist to bring the topic up in conversation as if it were his idea then challenge him directly. CRUSH HIM OUTRIGHT. There should be no debate. Act pissed, cut the conversation off and storm away. He just became a shitbag, and by association so did his political leanings. Repeat as necessary. Yes, it is a bitchy tactic, but 60% of the time it works every time.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

GoldCoast wrote: Yes, it is a bitchy tactic, but 60% of the time it works every time.
College may have taught you how to destroy liberals at 50 paces...but your English is atrocious.

That sentence should be taken out and shot.:evil:

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

I'm of the opposite opinion... if he says anything, take him on. Not in a disrespectful way, but throw out your opinion. If he is a good teacher, he will appreciate that someone in the class actually wants to participate. If he is a liberal dickhead he will give you a lower grade. However he won't fail you, because to do that he would have to justify it. Liberal dickheads do not like a spotlight on what they do in their classrooms.

If you graduate college with an A or a D average, doesn't matter a bit in the real world. All the real world wants to know is do you have the diploma. Besides, if you ever run for president you can just seal the records and no one will ever know.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

rangertough wrote:
GoldCoast wrote: Yes, it is a bitchy tactic, but 60% of the time it works every time.
College may have taught you how to destroy liberals at 50 paces...but your English is atrocious.

Tough
I've got a GED bro.... And its a movie reference from "Anchorman."
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

You're welcome stud. Don't forget to address Rangers on this site appropriately, and I think I speak for the crowd when I say, "Drop the @ symbols." That shit makes my teeth itch.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

GoldCoast wrote:
rangertough wrote:

Tough
I've got a GED bro.... And its a movie reference from "Anchorman."

Ha! That makes it even better.

Never saw Anchorman. Will Ferral is good as a supporting character but everytime he's the star it's just too much for me.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

GoldCoast wrote:You're welcome stud. Don't forget to address Rangers on this site appropriately, and I think I speak for the crowd when I say, "Drop the @ symbols." That shit makes my teeth itch.
I did some push-ups because I had to re-read the site rules. I guess everyone needs re-training once in a while. No need for veterans to refer to us by 'Ranger.' I've been running around cleaning up behind DEPs a lot lately, and I guess my instincts took over.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”