Advice for dealing with liberal professors?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Advice for dealing with liberal professors?

Post by Slowpoke »

WEED DART, no advice from me, you know how to handle it,,,,,,just thought I'd say WELCOME HOME!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Best way to make him cry is to fuck his wife. Then she will know what a man is like....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

But taping a unit coin to the back of their headboard isn't going to work in time, cause he's not likely to move soon.

You'll have to find a more direct way to let him know. Of course, she'll talk to her shrink about it, then throw it in his face soon enough, so there's that.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

KW Driver wrote:But taping a unit coin to the back of their headboard isn't going to work in time, cause he's not likely to move soon.

You'll have to find a more direct way to let him know. Of course, she'll talk to her shrink about it, then throw it in his face soon enough, so there's that.
I just spit Pepsi all over the inside of my patrol car. Warning would be nice. Freaking hilarious.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

It was kinda the BN standard when you find out at her place that her husband was 6 mo into a Korea rotation.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

The best advice I can give you is to keep you mouth shut and don't antagonize your professors. It doesn't matter what his political stance is, or whether you agree with him or not. If you don't like what the guy has to say, drop the course and move on to something else. I can promise you that if you fuck with him and become argumentative, he will crush you like a bug. You're a student and he's a professor, you'll lose every time unless you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that your shitty grade was a result of your opinions and not poor performance. And even if you were able to prove bias, the first question you'll be asked is why you insisted on remaining in the class in the first place. Arguing with your professors will only get you labeled as a troublemaker and put you on every other professor's radar. If you take it too far and become combative or blatantly disrespectful, you could find yourself standing in front of a disciplinary board and most likely kicked out of school. If it goes that far, your college career is over, so do yourself a favor; tread lightly and leave your opinions at home. My advice to you is drop the useless history garbage and study something meaningful like science, technology, engineering or mathematics. Opinions don't matter in those subjects because the answer is either right or wrong, there is no gray area or room for discussion. Add to that the fact that you'll be learning how to create something useful instead of studying something that holds no value to anyone.
RgrDoc0310
Ranger

Post by RgrDoc0310 »

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”
Jorge Agustin Nicolas Ruiz de Santayana y Borras (George Santayana)
B Co & HHC, 3/75 RGR REGT
1991-1994
Task Force Ranger 1993

ALWAYS REMEMBER
COMMON SENSE, ISN'T....
FRIENDLY FIRE, ISN'T....
INCOMING FIRE HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Weidert wrote:boscounderfoot, my major is in geosciences but the problem is I need some useless class credits for my degree. My choices were between the psuedo social sciences and history classes. I need these useless classes to graduate. If I could have taken another real science course I wouldn't be taking this history course I am in now.

You're missing the point stud. This ass hat's lack of respect for other people's opinions and beliefs still doesn't give you license to engage an him/her in a battle of wills. It's a no-win situation because you can't and won't change their opinions, and the same applies to them when it comes to your opinions and beliefs. Be the bigger man and let the idiot rant, while you occupy the high ground.

Good luck in your studies.
abuckelew
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by abuckelew »

I write this as a former political science professor with more than 25 year's teaching undergraduate and graduate courses. One of my prior teaching assignments was at a state military college noted for turning out some very fine young officers. The faculty was filled with liberals and I stood out as being one of the few conservatives on the faculty. I was surprised that I was offered a position after they had read my curricula vitae.
My advice for dealing with liberal professors will go against every moral principle of your being. Avoid confrontation, feed back to the professor exactly what he wants to hear, take your "A" from the class, but remain true to your conservative values.
It is difficult today to find a conservative professor in most colleges and universities. The faculties and administrations are packed with the hippies who went to grad school to avoid Vietnam service; most have never held a job outside academe.
These are the folks who will control your destiny. Graduate and remember the saying, "Don't get mad, get even." Use the Website "Rate My Professors" to express and warn other students about the professor and his practices. You can post your remarks anonymously.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”