RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALIAN PIRATES- Expeditious disposal

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerLee
Ranger

RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALIAN PIRATES- Expeditious disposal

Post by RangerLee »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Euro Union navy who patrol these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casualties (!)
All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a fishing boat." All conversations between the commandos are in Russian but the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to the pirate vessel, searched it for weapons and explosives, then left and blew it up with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.They used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were legally hanged with no lawyers or court proceedings required. Perhaps from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian pirates.Other nations might take note. "Без суда и следствия". Смотрите, девочки.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004
Mingo Kane
Ranger

Re: RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALIAN PIRATES- Expeditious disp

Post by Mingo Kane »

Awesome-ness
B Co. 1st/75th 1983-86
Mentor to JTEL1
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Outstanding! "This is not a fishing boat!"
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

I remember a report, maybe about a year ago, the Russians caught some Somali pirates, and then released them... onto a dingy about 500 miles from the nearest coastline.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

I wouldn't piss on a Russian if he spontaneously combusted right in front of me but you gotta give the SOBs some chops on this one.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Maybe the Russians are secret environmentalists -- They started an artificial reef with the ship and left something chained to it for the sharks to feed on.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

They (then the Soviet Union) did the same shit in Lebanon in the 80's. Four of their diplomats were taken hostage. They found out who the captors were and kidnapped their families. Then they proceeded to cut off various body parts and send them back until the diplomats were released, and they were in short order. It was 20 years later before anybody fucked with another Russian.. that is some gangster shit right there
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Lunch wrote:Did anyone else hear the Russian say "what the fuck is that, what the fuck is that??!...I have grenades" at the 1:04 mark?
And they say English is not a universal language anymore?

Listen to those romantic, melodic tones, unambiguous tones and tell me how it is anything but universally appealing? It is almost as if they were singing a beautiful aria. :roll:

As an aside, the first time Somali pirates hijacked some Russians, they were all captured and shot. The Somali's then announced next time they would kill any Russians they captured. How did that work out guys?

The Somali's should get an education on this type of stuff. Anyone remember when the Russian diplomats were abducted in Lebanon? The Russian's figured out who was behind it, abducted their families and started mailing body parts to the captors. Miraculously, the diplomats were freed.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Anyone remember when the Russian diplomats were abducted in Lebanon?....
See my above post.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:
Anyone remember when the Russian diplomats were abducted in Lebanon?....
See my above post.
Yeah it pays to read the entire thread- doesn't it?

But I am former USAF, so that entitles me to something like a golf handicap with post reading comprehension. I believe it is in the site rules. :oops:
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
cbiwv
Tadpole

Post by cbiwv »

The Russians do not fool around. I'll give them that much.
2nd Armored div(FWD)1990-1992
1st Infantry div(Desert Storm)1991
101st Airborne(18th FA Bgde)1992-1994

Return to “The Mosh Pit”