This will never reach the press...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

This is a story that, I believe, will never reach media outlets. This is due to the fact that it would prove that allowing local nationals on US controlled Iraqi bases is a horrible idea. Some of you may be able to relate to this. Anyone that has recently spent anytime time in Iraq knows that we are allowing Iraqi’s to come on the bases to work for contracting companies. They work various jobs, from cleaning restrooms to running the KBR laundry facility. Although the Army has been vigilant with stopping suspected extremists from obtaining access to the COB, these procedures are not perfect. The Army has stepped up security recently due to the raised threat level of possible abductions from military bases.
My story begins on a Wednesday, one week ago. As some of you may know I am the site manager for the COB Adder aerostat. I finished my twelve hour shift at noon that day. The temperature was at 92 degrees and climbing. I was in no mood to walk to the DFAC for lunch. I retreated to my on-site room. I was able to immediately climb into bed and fall asleep quickly without any of the normal drama that comes from my night “problem” shift. I slept comfortably without any everyday interruptions of having to use the bathroom or the standard “incoming.” My alarm came to life at exactly 2000 hrs. I was angry at myself. I was mad because the one time I was able to sleep soundly, I forgot to turn off the damn alarm! I looked at the clock and realized I could still make it to dinner chow. Then it hit me, tonight was “surf and turf” night. That seemed to brighten me day a little. Even though the rib eye and shrimp are not great, they are better than the feeble attempt at fried catfish and hamburgers. I dressed quickly and exited my CHU. I asked the operators that were on shift if any of them would like to go eat chow with me. From all of them I received the same answer, “no.”
I left the sanctity of the t-walls located within the aerostat site. It was a cool night. The local temperature was hovering around 72 degrees. For this I was happy. After a day that saw temperatures reach 100 degrees. A cool night was just what the doctor ordered. It was one of those nights that you could wear shorts or pants and be equally as comfortable. The sun had already settled behind the western horizon. There is only one light on Sharrah Avenue between the aerostat site and the DFAC. It was uncharacteristically deserted this evening. This made me a little uneasy since I was informed of the elevated threat level for possible abductions during Wednesday’s base defense meeting. It heightened my level of awareness. I walked just over a mile when I noticed a man leaning against a tree approximately 25 meters ahead of me. It was apparent that he was trying his best to look inconspicuous. Either that or I was just being paranoid. As I neared his position he continued to look in my direction. I was beginning to believe that I was not being paranoid. I was within a couple of meters of his location when he pushed himself off of the tree and began moving towards me. I saw that he had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He gave me the international sign for a lighter. I must admit that I was a little relieved. After lighting his cigarette he handed me my lighter and gave me a nod, which I understood to be a signal for thank you. After I returned the nod, I watched his eyes dart up the side walk. At that exact moment I heard footsteps running towards me from behind. Without turning around I dropped to one knee and braced for impact. It was a move that I used as an undersized running back trying to block a blitzing linebacker in high school. While I was in a crouched position I reached into my right pocket and pulled out my edged weapon. Like every good paratrooper before me, I have always carried some type of edged weapon with me since I signed on the dotted line. I was particularly fond of this assisted opening Gerber. It was given to me when I completed the RI Certification process as a Pre-Ranger Instructor at the Warrior Training Center. After what seemed like an eternity, probably just a couple of milliseconds, I felt the knees of man charging hit my left shoulder. Instantly I stood up as hard and fast as I could. This caused my attacker to complete three quarters of a flip. I say three quarters of a flip because he landed on his back to my right. I quickly noticed there was a man that was running behind him. Since the first target was no longer the immediate threat I focused my attention to the next target. Holding the weapon in my right hand, I raised it to the appropriate level for my next move. When the target neared, I began my defense with a slash beginning at the tip of the target’s left ear. I angled the weapon slightly rearward so that the first portion of the knife to penetrate this target’s neck was the serrated blade. The straight edge portion was starting to dull due to the daily use of my favorite tool. I also knew the serrated blade would cause the most damage. I angled the cut down and to the right towards the target’s trachea. En route, I severed his left carotid artery. I knew he would be dead within a couple of minutes. When I reached the trachea I rotated the weapon and “unzipped” the target. I slashed from his trachea to his navel. Not wanting to remain vulnerable, I turned around to refocus my attention to the target that was leaning against the tree. As I suspected, he was charging. I crouched down in a stance that I learned while attending an Israeli hand to hand course named “Hagannah.” (Not Hagen Daz) With my weapon in my right hand, feet shoulder width apart, left foot slightly in front of my right; I was ready to defend myself. I placed my left foot on the neck of the target that was still on the ground. I had to keep him down for a moment longer. The one street light on Sharrah Avenue reflected off of my target’s weapon in his right hand. Like the many”sheepdogs” that came before me I was ready for this fight, both mentally and physically. He moved his hand straight back, as if he was preparing to throw a bowling ball down the lane. I knew this was going to be a stab. The easiest was to defense this move is to redirect the knife to a safe location. I did this by hitting his right forearm downward with my left forearm. Once the knife was no longer on its way to my midsection, I hooked his thrusting arm with my left hand. I rotated his right arm in a motion similar to a shoulder rotation until the inside of his right elbow was in the middle of my chest. I wrapped my left arm around his right arm to control his elbow. I did this to keep him from being able to carve me a new nostril. I placed my right hand against the rear of his right shoulder and rotated his shoulder towards me. I placed the side of the blade opposite the cutting edge into the back of his right underarm. This encouraged the target to lean into me. Pulling his entire upper body towards me caused him to be slightly off balance. The next move came without a thought, almost as though it was instinct. We practiced it for hours and hours during the two week Hagannah course. I quickly delivered two quick knees to the target’s groin. The target let out a quick, but very feminine scream. The third knee landed on the outside of his right leg just above his knee. This last strike is what nearly sent him crumbling to the ground. I would not let him quit that easy. Today was going to be his last day on earth. I transferred my weapon to my left hand. I rotated my right forearm across the back of his neck while placing my wrist down the left side of his face. I grabbed his chin with my hand. While sliding my forearm across the back of his neck, I used his chin to turn his head to the left. I did so violently and without hesitation that I heard it when his axis and atlas separated, this severed his spinal cord. The axis and atlas are also referred to as C1 and C1. These are the first two vertebrae below the foreman magnum. (base of the skull) His body went limp. This time I let him fall to the ground. Before I go any further, I must reiterate why this story will never reach the press...

TAB CHECK
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
RangerX
Ranger

Re: This will never reach the press...

Post by RangerX »

Cunt. :evil:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

sig line.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good execution. 12 & 13-71. Lean and mean, Ranger thirteen.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Half way through the fight scene from "Bourne Supremacy" I figured out what was coming. After scanning your sig line I realized that we need a set rule here at ArmyRanger.com that says before one may tab check the crew the glow of a new tab must have actually worn off............ :roll: :P :lol:

14-87 ....... THE "Last Hard Class!" 8)
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

colt1rgr wrote:Half way through the fight scene from "Bourne Supremacy" I figured out what was coming. After scanning your sig line I realized that we need a set rule here at ArmyRanger.com that says before one may tab check the crew the glow of a new tab must have actually worn off............ :roll: :P :lol:

13-87 THE CLASS BEFORE THE LAST HARD CLASS, OBVIOUSLY..............
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

7 and 8-01. So easy I did parts of it twice.

Fucker :D
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

colt1rgr wrote:Half way through the fight scene from "Bourne Supremacy" I figured out what was coming. After scanning your sig line I realized that we need a set rule here at ArmyRanger.com that says before one may tab check the crew the glow of a new tab must have actually worn off............ :roll: :P :lol:

If it weren't for cherry tabs paying it forward, and the occasional prick being a prick. We'd never have tab checks
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

KW Driver wrote:

If it weren't for cherry tabs paying it forward, and the occasional prick being a prick. We'd never have tab checks
BET THAT!!

Wait a minute, I'm one of those "pricks!" :| I'm jus' sayin' :mrgreen:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

rgrwest wrote:

13-87 THE CLASS BEFORE THE LAST HARD CLASS, OBVIOUSLY..............
Goes without sayin' Bro! :wink:

al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Good story, knew something was up halfway through. So how is your script writing career coming along?

10-68
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Had me hooked.

(sigh) 13-70
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Nice. Knocking 'em out.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

I'll man up I read it and have no tab, not even in the army yet...What's the price tag Rangers?

ps. I searched "tab check" in order to find out and all I got was more checks...I think I'm about to get real strong, real fast :shock:
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75

Return to “The Mosh Pit”