If anyone knows...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

If anyone knows...

Post by 289sotherhalf »

of or has experience with a good dog trainer in the Ft. Benning/Columbus, GA area, please post or PM me or Dave (AbnRgr289). We're looking into some possible Personal Protection training for our new crumb-snatcher (GSD). She's had some obedience training and we're told she was spending some time around the Military Working Dogs on Post before we got her, but we're not sure to what extent that was. Anyhow, I know it's a somewhat random request, but if anyone has any info, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
PTB1008
Embryo

hope this helps

Post by PTB1008 »

I dont really have the exact answer to your question but knowing a bit about the subject you may want to ask the local kennel club, or obedience clubs of the area, or a vet.

and if it helps
I found the link for Atlanta obedience club
http://www.atlantaobedienceclub.com/Content/19.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

American Kennel Club
http://www.akc.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and since some dogs need to have special protection training for competition (Schutzhund Obedience training). Maybe the local guard dog clubs like German Shepherd, Malinois may work with a trainer.
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: If anyone knows...

Post by RANGER513 »

Hey there Supreme Goddess of Drive On !!! I obviously don't hail from the Fort Beginning A.O., however we have a close friend ( she is a full-time LEO ) who also owns & operates her own German Sheppard kennel and is deeply involved in training them for LEO work and personal home protection. Her German Sheppard's are highly sought after by numerous law enforcement agencies throughout the nation and she has contacts all over the U.S., to include Germany and a few other countries. She breeds them, trains them, and even imports a few every year from Germany, all of course are A.K.C. registered with papers. In another few months we will even be buying our own personal home protection puppy from her.......just in case I really piss off Cams or K.Ingraham and they wanna come over and kick my ass ! :shock:

I'm pretty confident that she probably knows a few folks in your A.O. and if you & AbnRgr289 are interested I can put ya both in contact with her and ya can go from there. I'm guessing that she can probably help ya out, or at the very least get ya started in the proper compass route direction.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
clk54
Ranger Mom

Post by clk54 »

289sotherhalf, I just sent you an email about a possible contact. Hope it helps.
CLK54
Proud Parent of a US Army Ranger 2/75 and an Air Force veteran
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Thank you! PM Inbound. :D
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

289sotherhalf wrote:Thank you! PM Inbound. :D

P.M. sent !
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "