General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Surviving the Cut

Post by rgrokelley »

C-MAC wrote:
Silverback wrote:
C-MAC wrote:So I thought the best episode was on USAF PJ's- but that's just me.... :lol:
Say it isn't so...The air force has two jobs: You are Flying planes or washing planes!
Apparently there is another one. That would be rescuing downed USAF Airman, other pilots and anyone else that has suddenly found themselves on the ground- when they should be in the air :roll:
I remember that job. 5th Group did the only night time successful CSAR mission during Desert Storm. I think the Air Force provided support by flying some F-16s nearby. :D
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

" I remember that job. 5th Group did the only night time successful CSAR mission during Desert Storm. I think the Air Force provided support by flying some F-16s nearby. :D
You are wrong. We did more than that. I am pretty sure we also hosted the after-mission-buffet :lol: .

BTW. There is nothing like CAS from a bird that can fly mach+ and accurately lob coke bottle size rounds at a target or place an MK77 "wall of fire" between you and the tangos.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Surviving the Cut

Post by KW Driver »

C-MAC wrote:
" I remember that job. 5th Group did the only night time successful CSAR mission during Desert Storm. I think the Air Force provided support by flying some F-16s nearby. :D
You are wrong. We did more than that. I am pretty sure we also hosted the after-mission-buffet :lol: .

BTW. There is nothing like CAS from a bird that can fly mach+ and accurately lob coke bottle size rounds at a target or place an MK77 "wall of fire" between you and the tangos.
[sarcasm] And all that station! [\sarcasm]
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

last time i shadowed a patrol, early 09 (4th RTB), Ranger School was very easy. there are tons of very young E-7's (24-28 yrs old) running around RTB these days. from what I gathered most of them didn't want to be there and tactically weren't that sound at patrolling in a woodland environment. there was still a handful though that were well skilled at what they were doing. It's a numbers game.....................period
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Just watched this for the first time tonight. They were doing Marine Force Recon Training.....what a bunch of pussies! These whiney motherfuckers were beyond beleif.....my Ol' Lady is still laughing about me yelling at the TV! Just about the time this one cocksucker should have been getting pissed off and reaching down a little deeper to get his balls into play.....he starts crying I CAN'T GO ON, I CAN'T MAKE IT! I WANTED TO JUMP THROUGH THE TELEVISION AND SLAP THE LITTLE BITCH! Everyfuckingbody else made it, what in the fuck is wrong with him, don't these cunts have any pride at all?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Surviving the Cut

Post by rangertough »

Slowpoke wrote:Just watched this for the first time tonight. They were doing Marine Force Recon Training.....what a bunch of pussies! These whiney motherfuckers were beyond beleif.....my Ol' Lady is still laughing about me yelling at the TV! Just about the time this one cocksucker should have been getting pissed off and reaching down a little deeper to get his balls into play.....he starts crying I CAN'T GO ON, I CAN'T MAKE IT! I WANTED TO JUMP THROUGH THE TELEVISION AND SLAP THE LITTLE BITCH! Everyfuckingbody else made it, what in the fuck is wrong with him, don't these cunts have any pride at all?
WOW did you double up your BP meds? You sound like you are about to stroke. : >
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

rangertough wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:Just watched this for the first time tonight. They were doing Marine Force Recon Training.....what a bunch of pussies! These whiney motherfuckers were beyond beleif.....my Ol' Lady is still laughing about me yelling at the TV! Just about the time this one cocksucker should have been getting pissed off and reaching down a little deeper to get his balls into play.....he starts crying I CAN'T GO ON, I CAN'T MAKE IT! I WANTED TO JUMP THROUGH THE TELEVISION AND SLAP THE LITTLE BITCH! Everyfuckingbody else made it, what in the fuck is wrong with him, don't these cunts have any pride at all?
WOW did you double up your BP meds? You sound like you are about to stroke. : >
You should see him when he gets "Really" worked up! :D
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
TopSNOT_BigE
Ranger

Post by TopSNOT_BigE »

I had the same reaction when I watched that episode. I turned it off when the First Sgt was helping students through the gas.
Aco/HHC 1/75
RS 10-04

"In the end, the greatest snowball isn't a snowball at all, it's fear."
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

C-MAC wrote:

"Tangos"??? I have never heard of the bad guys refered to as "Tangos" outside of video games and the numerous airsoft conventions I attend.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Silverback wrote: "Tangos"??? I have never heard of the bad guys refered to as "Tangos" outside of video games and the numerous airsoft conventions I attend.

I thought they were called Bogeys
it depends
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Silverback wrote:
C-MAC wrote:

"Tangos"??? I have never heard of the bad guys reffered to as "Tangos" outside of video games and the numerous airsoft conventions I attend.
I have two friends from different units. One is a West Point grad and ended up with the Flying Chickens in Iraq. The other was with the 25th in Iraq. Both referred to the bad guys as "tango's" usually with an adjective before it. They also called them a bunch of other things- but I am trying to stay "G" rated. :)

Plus, all this ground lingo is new to me. In the USAF we simply called them "targets". :roll:
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

C-MAC wrote:One is a West Point grad and ended up with the Flying Chickens in Iraq.
Word to the wise, C-MAC, only members/veterans of the "actively airborne" Army units (82d Airborne Div, 173d Airborne Bde, SF Groups, Rangers, etc.) get to call them that. (I sure as hell wouldn't, being a "leg" myself.) All others may be subject to long sets of pushups or beatings.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”