4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
fatboy
Ranger

Re: Surviving the Cut

Post by fatboy »

RangerRon wrote:I'm getting shapelier and shapelier!!

After graduating the suck, I made a promise to myself that I would never go hungry again, and for the most part I haven't :mrgreen:
must be why I look like the shape I do. :(
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

Man......I remember cold and hungry......went from about 220 to 180 in the suck; aint seen cold and hungry at the same time since. As for the media.......they have no place in RASP; Ranger School..ok I guess. es mi dos pesos.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
75rangermom
Ranger Mom

Post by 75rangermom »

So now that the episode aired - what did all of you Rangers think? I didn't see my son at least not to the level of assurance that I could say "that one is mine". I had several thoughts and emotions - the initial response being "holy shit, my son did not do that!" when they were doing the water testing. To yelling at the tv "Leave the poor guy alone, he's tired!" Overall, I thought they toned it down a lot for tv and it's pretty tough to fit in a 61 day experience into one hour.
On the sitrep side of things - we re-started Mountains last Sat. Woot Woot! ha ha. Who would have thought the most beautiful word in the English language is "go"?
I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I thought it looked easier than when I did it. I imagine everyone else will agree. :)
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

I was wondering when they changed a whole shit load of things from when I went through. About the only thing that was the same was no sleep, no food, and an instructor/ opfor getting a beatdown on an obj. I do believe some guys in my class received a major plus for that.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I thought it was well done but it suffered for being only an hour long. Sure beat hell out of anything I've seen before on tv about RS.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

K.Ingraham wrote:I thought it was well done but it suffered for being only an hour long. Sure beat hell out of anything I've seen before on tv about RS.

Pleasantly surprised for once myself as well. Some of the narrating was cheesy but thats to be expected...I was really surprised to see people LOM, I don't remember one person ever quitting in my class.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

madslashers1-2 wrote: I don't remember one person ever quitting in my class.
I remember quiters conceptually. None save one stand out as individuals & that one makes you shake your head in wonder.
Twas a battboy from my company, he just got up and walked out during the mission planning for the LAST OP in Florida with but 36 or so hours left. No one really noticed, we were droning or planning. He just left & no one noticed until an RI came and asked how we let that happen.
Poor SOB rode back to Benning with us on the buses. Talk about rubbing it in. Folks seated near him tried to pretend nothing happened but damn, I can't imagine feeling worse than he must've that trip.
He disappeared just as quick from battalion. I don't remember ever seeing him after the plane ride back to SeaTac.

That incident is one of the reasons I'm fond of posting that it is never over until it is well and truly done and over.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I had a kid try to quit on his patrol during the ORP. I informed him that he could not quit at this time and motivated him to complete the mission. As soon as we got to the pick-up zone I pulled the Ranger out of his patrol. He looked at me and asked "What's up Sergeant?" and I replied "You quit Ranger!".....He thought that he should be allowed to continue on because he completed the mission and I informed him "Ranger you were on your ASS and I hade to motivate you to complete the mission, when you become an Army Leader NOBODY is going to do that for you!"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

So, did he have to leave? I hope so.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Bravo57 wrote:So, did he have to leave? I hope so.
Yes...Yes he did
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

That was the class right after mine. We didn't do any hand to hand, and there wasn't any op-for dressed in padded gear for beating up either. I guess we were the last easy class.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10

Return to “The Mosh Pit”