To our Nam Rangers....

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Dan B 3/75
Ranger

To our Nam Rangers....

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Waaaaay back in the day when I was a wee lad in Battalion and we had our first Ranger Rendezvous I got the honor and privilege of meeting THEM. Those gallant upstanding bad-ass Americans who gave us our lineage and filled a chapter of Ranger, and American warrior, history.

The Ranger veterans.

There were members of the WW II Ranger Battalion association, Korean war Ranger company members, and members of the Viet Nam Era LRRP/LRP companies.

Holy S*#^! These were the dudes I read about, in the flesh!

Our comrades from the WW II and Korean era's were much more distinguished and reserved due to having many more seasons on this earth under there belt, however, our Viet Nam brothers were still filled with the proverbial piss and vinegar.

Those dudes could party!

From the E co. dudes, to the C co. dudes, they wore our asses out with revelry and good times!

I have often thought of those times when away from the regiment, and I have vowed that I too one day will pass on the camaraderie, revelry, and good times to our future generations of Rangers, and encourage all to make the pilgrimage to Benning to see it through.

Thanks brothers, and God bless.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: To our Nam Rangers....

Post by Earthpig »

They continue to do that every two years at Rendezvous. Great guys. Many are on this site.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

THANKS!

I love partying with the young "Baby Rangers" at Rendezvous because they have the hottest fucking women on Earth!!!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Everytime I get near them I loose 3 days of memory, a couple billion brain cells, and increase what is already a huge respect and admiration for them. Good GAWD those boys can throw down. They take life serious and waste not one damned second doing it. Yep. Hero's. My hero's.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

So, Dan. You apparently are a member, or you are a no-go at the pay-forward station:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Suck it up & go for the life membership.
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Today's Ranger is better trained and equipped than any of us ever were. Makes me proud to be associated with them.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I feel honored that the younger guys let me hang around them. At my age, nothing is better than being in the hanger at Lawson Field during Rendezvous or drinking beer with Active Duty Rangers, to inclue a CSM until the sun comes up. And to me, CSMs are youngsters.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

When I was a very cherry pvt there was a small reunion in Savannah. I went and paid them a visit. Highlights included me never having a beer less than half full, Me and some other FOG having a screaming contest in the hotel hallway we all got kicked out of the hotel I maight have pissed in a potted plant as well. We had a Bn PT smoke fest the next day, I woke up on the floor of my room with my head inside my ruck sack I think I may have died. To this day I think that may have been the drunkest night of my life.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Ahh, Shucks! All you BABY RANGERS simply validate us FOGs. It really is because of you that we have the gumption to show our self pride. It is our honor restored as a result of your being and your accomplishments.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Let me solve this mutual love fest for everyone.

Its no shit our baby Rangers are the best of the best. Equiptment, training and balls. Yep, all there. Drive on bunch of men and undisputed collective group of hard fuckers. But you Viet era FOG's listen to this.

You did as much or more with less...far less....we know this, it is why you are revered and looked at with respect and admiration.

Now, take a bow and shut the fuck up. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

I participated in 2 RR's in 05 and 07. Trust me when I say that for the baby Rangers, it's way more of an honor/priviledge for us to be in the same room with the vets. They made the modern day Ranger what he is today. I got to meet a lot of you and discovered that life after Regiment doesn't end afterall, the brotherhood is alive and well and I look forward to years of RR's, great converstations, link ups, and liver damage...
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Gonna have to look into this "Ranger Rendezvous" thing….
This is how you get there, it is also the reunion for the 75thRRA:

"So, Dan. You apparently are a member, or you are a no-go at the pay-forward station:

Suck it up & go for the life membership."
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Said it before, the FOG’s are the reason became a Ranger.

Gonna have to look into this "Ranger Rendezvous" thing….
Free beer, Baby Rangers just back from down range with their HOT girlfriends to ogle, free beer, great Southern cookin', free beer......what's not to like?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

'Nam Rangers are HERO's in my book.

Always an true honor to meet one you gentlemen who truely lead the way and set the standard for my generation.

I hope that someday I get the oportunity and honor to meet a few of you on here in person.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "

Return to “The Mosh Pit”