Whats in your cd player?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rockin Ranger
Inprocessing

Re: Whats in your cd player?

Post by Rockin Ranger »

MMM....Liquid Metal - sometimes harder is better. Metal rules...

"We'll know for the first time....if we're Evil or Divine, we're the Last In Line" Ronnie James Dio, RIP
Rockin Ranger

3rd Plt, A Co. 1/75th INF - 85-87 RTO/Rifleman/M-203 Gnr

For Those About to Rock, We Salute You!!
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Liz Phair.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
antmcg79
Ranger

Post by antmcg79 »

Rockin Ranger wrote:MMM....Liquid Metal - sometimes harder is better. Metal rules...

"We'll know for the first time....if we're Evil or Divine, we're the Last In Line" Ronnie James Dio, RIP
What's your fav group/style? I tell ya what, IMO, I can't understand a word they're saying (nor do I care), but Cannibal Corpse has some BRUTAL riffs/drums. Nothing motivates me more than some dropped tuning, and some shredding!
"Vets need other Vets; Just as much as Alcoholics need Booze. Sometimes they need the Booze as well."

Class 10/02 -- "Mountains so much fun, decided to do it twice."
1-508 Recon 98-00
2-3 INF Recon 00-01
Eco51st LRS 01-03
2-22 Inf (Recon PLT) 04-06
RSLC Instructor 07-08
antmcg79
Ranger

Post by antmcg79 »

Horned Toad wrote:The Sirius/XM merger officially sucks ass and the only channel I listened to has changed some. That would be channel 27, the change is subtle but there, I mean really how hard can a channel be that’s called liquid metal. But one band that I have been listening to is The Sword, I guess now we have retro metal. Its old school doom and gloom, the plus is I haven’t picked up any whiny anti US political vibe, which is really starting to irk me.

http://www.myspace.com/thesword" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The other CD I just picked up was Satyricon, The Age of Nero. I don’t usually dig black metal, but these guys got some cool toons, if you like metal

http://www.myspace.com/satyricon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K.I.N.G and Black Crow aren’t to shabby
I saw Satyricon play in Atlanta about a year ago, and dragged my wife (who HATES metal!) to the show. After the set, she's like "Eh, I guess they're ok, not too Satanic or anything". I neglected to tell her that they were opening for Cradle of Filth!

BA show btw.
"Vets need other Vets; Just as much as Alcoholics need Booze. Sometimes they need the Booze as well."

1-508 Recon 98-00
2-3 INF Recon 00-01
Eco51st LRS 01-03
RSLC Instructor 07-08
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Danko Jones... Below the Belt

Excellent!

Rev Theory, Halestorm....

If you like Metal check them out!!!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Rockin Ranger
Inprocessing

Post by Rockin Ranger »

antmcg79 wrote:
Rockin Ranger wrote:MMM....Liquid Metal - sometimes harder is better. Metal rules...

What's your fav group/style? I tell ya what, IMO, I can't understand a word they're saying (nor do I care), but Cannibal Corpse has some BRUTAL riffs/drums. Nothing motivates me more than some dropped tuning, and some shredding!
I got to work a Cannibal Corpse show last summer, it was off the fucking hook. Hellyea is also pretty rockin', but the best two shows I have worked in the last 2 years were AC/DC and Slayer. Iron Maiden also still kick major ass live.
Rockin Ranger

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Texas Tornados

Hey baby, que paso?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Reverend Horton Heat, Cowboy Mouth, Dash Rip Rock, Dressy Bessy.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rockin Ranger
Inprocessing

Post by Rockin Ranger »

RangerX wrote:Reverend Horton Heat, Cowboy Mouth, Dash Rip Rock, Dressy Bessy.
My band opened for Dash Rip Rock in the late 90's....they drank so much whiskey backstage that the after-show turned into total chaos including mace, blood, police and an ambulance ride for two people they had in their dressing room with them. Once I'm done in-processing, I might start a new forum where people can post Rock & Roll stories (tales of insane debauchery, etc.) and I'll fill you in on the details of that fateful night. Horton Heat puts on a great show.....if you ever get to see him live, don't' turn it down.

Rock on, brothers and sisters RLTW
Rockin Ranger

Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

Loving the new Amon Amarth- Surtur Rising. Caught their performance last week in Kansas and It was amazing, 2 sets and no opening act. Viking Metal at its best!!!
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
antmcg79
Ranger

Whats in your cd player?

Post by antmcg79 »

Worldweaver wrote:Loving the new Amon Amarth- Surtur Rising. Caught their performance last week in Kansas and It was amazing, 2 sets and no opening act. Viking Metal at its best!!!
Always respected Amon Amarth. Can't say I know any songs, but I know the sound, BRUTAL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-508 Recon 98-00
2-3 INF Recon 00-01
Eco51st LRS 01-03
RSLC Instructor 07-08
ihavecoolhats
Egg

Post by ihavecoolhats »

Parkway Drive. They have some pretty crazy breakdowns! Definitely recommend them.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”