a bitch about hip hop culture and "combat" shirts

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Yeah, people around here are sporting them. Me, personally, I think its a fucking joke because the dudes that wear them prolly never had the sack to actually join and earn the shit for realz, yo.

If you look closely, none of it really matches and it looks gay as shit. Haven't seen ones with long or short Tabs, but that would piss me off.

I'm not offended by them, I just think they are ridiculous.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
AntonA2W
Ranger

Post by AntonA2W »

Did work in a HS in Newark, NJ. Kids would be in full BDUs, pants at knees, sportin the Timberlands. Patches would be sewn on, in the wrong places, with all different branches. Marines on chest, AF unit on L with a MAC-SOG on R. Cracked me the fuck up. Saw a recruiter in there once and told him that his job was only HALF done, he just shook his head, which is what I was doing.
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Just consider them enemy combatants and act accordingly.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I prefer that they wear those oversized baggy pants hanging down over their asses like that. Makes it easier for me to catch them when they run from a beating. :twisted:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
alexleon13
US Army Veteran

Post by alexleon13 »

Most of those yahoos are wannabe's and don't have the balls to really earn the right to wear the real thing. What veteran would actually consider wearing that ugly gay ass shit? I don't like it but hell I served so ass-whipes like them can have the liberty to dress like that.
Graduate Ranger Class 7-87

'82-'83 1/58th Inf 197th Inf Bde
'83-'86 1/187th Inf 193rd Inf Bde Panama
'86-'89 5/187th and 1/187th Inf 101st Div
"89-'92 PLDC instructor and then 5/87th Inf 193rd Inf Bde Panama "Operation Just cause" (attached to the 7th Inf Div)
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

I moonlighted at a hip hop club all summer and I mocked patrons who wore the shirts with the rank, wings etc mercilessly every time I got the chance.

EDITED TO ADD:

Never saw one with a tab on it, though.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

saw a kid the other day that could have been a soldier, maybe, nope, he ain't one of us.

he was wearing a T-shirt, the front was 7th Cav regimental sabers about 2" wide in black across the whole front of the shirt top to bottom, with big sabers over those in blue. the fuckers that made the shirt don't even know what colors to use...

having been in Gary Owen, I almost went and said something... but he wouldn't have understood a damn thing I said, or cared. it just wasn't worth it.

not sure how I'd react to Regimental shit on some civilian.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Strykerguy56
Tadpole

Post by Strykerguy56 »

Sounds like the old timers in my unit fighting to bring back our regimental scroll. It is almost a carbon copy of a Ranger Regiment scroll, only a little thiner. Being the lowly 2LT I am, I have zero say, however, IMO, there are some things that should be reserved for certain units only. I understand that "tradition" lives in some Guard units, however, a scroll is something that isn't to be copied.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”