Any Riders here?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

GSXRanger
Ranger

Any Riders here?

Post by GSXRanger »

ahallan wah sahallan ya asdekah-ee... kayfah hallukum?

(Hello my friends, how are you all?)

Damn, it is VERY hard to type arabic using english letters...

Anyway... I don't know if this is the proper topic to post this... but, just curious to see if there are any Motorcyclists here?

I have been riding for over 18 years... and am a self confessed track day junkie. I ride a very slow, japaneese rice burner... but, I am looking at another bike. This one will be coming off the street soon, and becoming my dedicated track ho!

Anyway... just curious.... Here's my goofy ass on my rice burner... slow, I know. :lol:

RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Grew up with Harley's here. My dad's best bud is an owner of a Harley Shop in Jackson and another friend of his own's Oasis Choppers. They all headed out this morning for a ride up to Sturgis, KY. I'll have to dig through some pics but the fella that owns Oasis makes some kiler bikes.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Hey there MsDocMac...

Yeah, I love Harley's too. My best bud here is a Hillbilly... with a tricked out Dyna Glide. We have swapped bikes a few times... Love that low and slow feel... but, I tried to ride it like I ride my Gixxer... needless to say, ran out of ground clearance QUICK!!

Im looking at the Buell Ulysses as my next bike... once Suzi becomes my dedicated Track HO!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Spartan

Re: Any Riders here?

Post by Spartan »

I took a photo of my Yamaha FJ 1100 in that exact same location, probably in 1985. That sign is on the southern edge of Carmel on the Pacific Coast Highway, facing Southbound traffic, correct?
GSXRanger
Ranger

Re: Any Riders here?

Post by GSXRanger »

Spartan wrote:I took a photo of my Yamaha FJ 1100 in that exact same location, probably in 1985. That sign is on the southern edge of Carmel on the Pacific Coast Highway, facing Southbound traffic, correct?
You are CORRECT Ranger Spartan... Beer on me!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
jgoodr1631
Embryo

Post by jgoodr1631 »

Ranger GSXRanger-
I ride a 2000 Honda Shadow ACE 750 cruiser. The first time I ever rode a bike was when I picked it up at the dealer. (I don't recommend doing this...). It was mid-size and I thought it would be a good bike to learn on. So far so good. I just hate the abbreviated riding season here in New England.
Still Serving
Veteran OIF I 2003
11C10 Basic '92/AIT '93
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother on a rice burner.

Just ain't the same as throwing a chic on the back of a 600lb. vibrator. :twisted: 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ive owned 8 bikes through the years however....that fag magnet your sitting on AINT a bike. :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

GSXR 600 rider here. Used to ride dual sport, but I'm trying out street ricing for now.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area that ever wants to take a ride to the Rock Store or through Bouquet Canyon, give me a hollar.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

first bike after a 10 year break was a Ducati 916 :D

switched to a GSXR 600 for cheaper maintenance on the track

then went to an SV 650 track bike, I just like V twins

I have a Buell XB9R right now but don’t ride it, I really can’t recommend one after coming off sport bikes, it was a pretty big disappointment, and I like Harleys

My dad is sitting on about 75% of a 1937 80" flat head Harley, that will be my next cruiser :twisted:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Well brothers... it may be a fag bike... but, I can assure you, I don't suck dick! :lol:

Actually, I am a track day junkie... and love to ride on the track. If I had time, I would be racing... however, I don't have time.

I have had everything from a TLR, to an SV1000S, to an Aprilia RSV to this GSXR. But, the older I get, the more I ride, just for the sake of riding. Something like a new FJR or a BMW K1200GT may be on the horizon for me...

I was just curious to see if there were any other track day junkies...

I can respect the anti-rice burner sentiments... but, two wheels are better than four any day!

:wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Try and get an older TZ model if you can.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Spartan wrote:Try and get an older TZ model if you can.
Actually Ranger Spartan, one of the Marines here at DLI has a 2004 FJR that he is looking to sell. I am taking it out this weekend for a test run... going from Hollister, down 25.. to HWY 198 into Coalinga... what an AWESOME run!

I will keep my eyes peeled for the TZ...
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Horned Toad wrote:first bike after a 10 year break was a Ducati 916 :D

switched to a GSXR 600 for cheaper maintenance on the track

then went to an SV 650 track bike, I just like V twins

I have a Buell XB9R right now but don’t ride it, I really can’t recommend one after coming off sport bikes, it was a pretty big disappointment, and I like Harleys

My dad is sitting on about 75% of a 1937 80" flat head Harley, that will be my next cruiser :twisted:
The SV650 is a VERY capable bike on the track. I am amazed at how much entry speed they can have... and how well the engine braking comes in to play in the tight stuff. The suspension is a bit on the weak side... but, once you get that sorted... they are amazing fun to ride. My SV1000S was a HOOT on the track... but, it was my main street ride for a while. Loved that bike...

RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “The Mosh Pit”