Ferguson, MO

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
fatboy
Ranger

Re: Ferguson, MO

Post by fatboy »

Well after working from 1600-0400, I can say the free shit crowd did not put in their appearance. Instead, it was the typical target of opportunity crowd that we deal with on weekends. Maybe the date for their rage was changed and we just didn't get the memo.
Oh well. There is always tomorrow.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

By Phillip Swarts - The Washington Times - Saturday, August 23, 2014
Police forces around the United States are militarizing at an alarming rate, often without the knowledge of those who pay them, a criminal justice expert said Friday.
“Some of these city councils only become aware of what their police have and what they’ve been doing in the wake of a tragedy,” said Tim Lynch, the director of the Project on Criminal Justice at the Cato Institute, a libertarian think-tank.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... wer-exper/
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

ManchuV wrote:I posted this on another thread -SGM Dan Page, but this also had to do with what is going on there in Ferguson. Right now it looks like cops are being demonized there in MO. Some of it is the fault of the cops. That video of that cop pointing his weapon at the protesters, and the press did not help the police; now this video of SGM(R) Dan Page is out, and I think this will be worst than that cop who did the pointing. SGM Page is saying a lot of crazy things in that video he did in May. Folks hear a cop, who has been a cop for 35 years, talking about being a killer, and would kill again does not do the police any good. There will be questions on how was he able to work there so long without someone noticing he got some head issues. That video came out in May '14. It has been on the net for awhile. He has been on some radio shows too. Videos like this will mess with the credibility of the police. If SGM Page was able to be a cop, then who else is on the force that ain't right in the head?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/22/us/missou ... index.html

Also, he talks a lot about being in the military. I do not remember where I saw it, but someone made a statement that ex-military make better cops. Well after some looks at this video of SGM(R) Dan Page, they may not agree.

Agreed that this shit stick should know when to cease talking. I don't know the guy, but I would guess it is a strong possibility that he is full on into the "10%" portion of his organization. Us cops have enough issues without adding more fuel to the fire by running our collective pie holes. :roll:
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

fatboy wrote:
ManchuV wrote:I posted this on another thread -SGM Dan Page, but this also had to do with what is going on there in Ferguson. Right now it looks like cops are being demonized there in MO. Some of it is the fault of the cops. That video of that cop pointing his weapon at the protesters, and the press did not help the police; now this video of SGM(R) Dan Page is out, and I think this will be worst than that cop who did the pointing. SGM Page is saying a lot of crazy things in that video he did in May. Folks hear a cop, who has been a cop for 35 years, talking about being a killer, and would kill again does not do the police any good. There will be questions on how was he able to work there so long without someone noticing he got some head issues. That video came out in May '14. It has been on the net for awhile. He has been on some radio shows too. Videos like this will mess with the credibility of the police. If SGM Page was able to be a cop, then who else is on the force that ain't right in the head?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/22/us/missou ... index.html

Also, he talks a lot about being in the military. I do not remember where I saw it, but someone made a statement that ex-military make better cops. Well after some looks at this video of SGM(R) Dan Page, they may not agree.

Agreed that this shit stick should know when to cease talking. I don't know the guy, but I would guess it is a strong possibility that he is full on into the "10%" portion of his organization. Us cops have enough issues without adding more fuel to the fire by running our collective pie holes. :roll:
Amen
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “The News Dump”