Marine Assualted By Teens Outside of Movie Theater

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Marine Assualted By Teens Outside of Movie Theater

Post by Flesh Thorn »

He was an Iraq war veteran home on leave in time for Christmas. She was looking forward to a night out with her husband after so much time apart.

But a group of teenagers had other plans for Federico and Kalyn Freire, who were assaulted outside a Florida movie theater after asking the teens to be quiet during a movie on Christmas Day.

Federico Freire, a 28-year-old Marine, and Kalyn Freire were attacked after the couple attended a showing of "Little Fockers" on Saturday in Bradenton, Fla.

"The saddest part about it was that this was out first date night together in a long time," Freire's wife, Kalyn, said in an interview Wednesday with FoxNews.com. "We were just looking to spend some time together."

Read More
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
EvilCouch
Ranger

Re: Marine Assualted By Teens Outside of Movie Theater

Post by EvilCouch »

There are so many things wrong with this. Fucking punks.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

I'm witholding comment on account it would not be politically correct (or the truth as we are afraid to say it). But just for shits and grins, depending on what I was carrying and knowing Florida law and having seen my wife battered by a large belligerent crowd, there would have been "6" or "15" gunshot victims and a few suffering from knife trauma. Jus' sayin'. :| :twisted:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Its shit like this why people in my age group get such a shitty rap these days. For the thousands that do the right thing on an everyday basis there are fucking morons like this who get us all painted with a wide brush of idiocy. I acknowledge that technology and "new age" parenting of groundings instead of getting their ass beat(I received the latter) has made my generation quite a bit softer than previous ones but there are still legions of young adults who are willing, able, and ready to work hard to achieve what they want out of life be it professionally or entertainment and go about it without harming others, especially Veterans returning from protecting their sorry asses, but an ever growing eye of skepticism has us placed right in the cross hairs because of these fuckers.

Thanks a lot...dickheads.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Each one of these shitbags should be thrown in a pit, one by one, with this Marine and his squad.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

and to add insult to injury, the movie sucked.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
31bSoldier
US Army

Post by 31bSoldier »

Authorities said the fight attracted about 300 bystanders.

You are telling me that out of "about 300" people there....only one man had the balls to step in and try to help the Marine?

Are people really that pussyfied? Fucking political correctness/liberal bullshit is ruining this country...
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

31bSoldier wrote:
Authorities said the fight attracted about 300 bystanders.

You are telling me that out of "about 300" people there....only one man had the balls to step in and try to help the Marine?

Are people really that pussyfied? Fucking political correctness/liberal bullshit is ruining this country...
Plain and simply, yes.

I can't count on both hands how many times I, or someone like me that I know, has been going at it toe to toe with 1, 2, sometimes 3 shitbags/felons/gangbangers at once, on the ground, rolling, and a crowd of dozens will gather and watch, not only will they not help you, but they will jump in for a cheap shot or a quick kick to the ribs/head and then run off laughing.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
31bSoldier
US Army

Post by 31bSoldier »

Ranger cams,

I know what you mean, I have been in that situation myself. What really pisses me off is when I am trying to apprehend some jackass...and its Soldiers standing by watching as I wrestle some idiot to the ground..
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Situational awareness is key in these type of situations. Going out and going to a movie "should" be safe, but it may turn out that you're "shoulding" on yourself if you ignore your internal warning signals.

I went batshit in a movie theater one night with my wife and asked the two guys behind us if they wanted a piece of me. They were younger and bigger but I was really nutso. It could've been as bad as this situation but they didn't really want to play or they had me confused with someone else. But they backed down and behaved the rest of the movie.

I asked my attorney about what would've happened in court should there had been a physical assault/altercation. His response was that the court/judge would've tried to determine if my actions where those of a rational, reasonable person.....which they probably were not..but I sure wanted to have a go at those two fucktards.

Either way, the better course of action for me would've been to grab the wife and then go to the manager and get my money back and leave. Or just leave.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
31bSoldier
US Army

Post by 31bSoldier »

Ranger panthersix,

Once upon a time, young 31bSoldier, pre-Army days, was a merry employee of Regal Cinemas in OKC, OK. Had you gone to the manager..chances are, the manager would have just sent an usher to ask those assclowns to be quiet. The general rule of thumb is three strikes, you're out. But they never want a scene to start...and try to avoid it by being polite and professional and all that happy horseshit.

I must applaud you for your...unique...handling of the situation. Though, from what I have seen on the boards, and the very little interaction I have had with Rangers in the past, (I hate apprehending you fuckers, you dont make it easy), that is a normal...Ranger-esque...solution.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

"Freire said one bystander stepped forward and told the couple to follow him to his car, saying he could scare the crowd off with a gun. But before the two reached the man's vehicle, one of the teenagers said, "I'm going to knock your wife out," before punching Freire's wife to the ground, the couple said."

The guy was going to scare the crowd off with his gun...WTF? Sounds like a good plan to have his gun taken away by some teenage punk.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “The News Dump”