Journalist Sits in on Taliban Ambush

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Headoutdaplane
Ranger

Re: Journalist Sits in on Taliban Ambush

Post by Headoutdaplane »

I hate journalists...period. You get hit they take pictures, they get hit they expect you to put you and your studs lives in danger to take care of them. My dad died in a plane crash and the next day this piece of shit 'journalist' calls the house, and my mom answered thinking it was inbound family, she melts and hands me the phone, the cocksucker asks "how are you feeling?" I answered 'the same way your family will be feeling when I drive to Denver and drive my kbar in your throat'.
Headoutdaplane
Hardrock 1/75 '83-'86
Class 2-85
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Not too mention the fact Norway is part of the ISAF contingent. Wouldn't exactly had been journalistic if the ambush had gone down, turned around and the shitstorm in return, nailed them all, including the reporter, now dead at the hands of his allies, all because of his own doing.

Fail.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

So basically your teacher friend is in support of doing stupid things in warzones when your are not a fighter just because someone else will come save him.

People like him are the ones the taliban put on tv.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Isn't a journalist supposed to be objective ? It is kind of hard to be objective with only one side of the story. As long as he did not aid the Taliban fighters I don't see that what he did was that bad. It is kind of like being an attorney and having to defend a child molester, it is part of the job. That being said, he did shed light on how the enemy works and thinks. Fuckers were all excited about actually hitting a coalition vehicle except no one in the coalition apparently thought enough about it to make a report. :) For all we know, maybe he was working for us.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

We cannot, as Americans, be truly informed about the American situation in this war without seeing things like this.
The vast majority of Americans have no desire to be informed about anything going on outside the United States, never mind in a war zone. This "journalist" is only pandering to the desire of many Europeans to see Americans suffer.

In past times when Americans had the weight of the world on their shoulders, we have managed to make informed decisions without videos, newspaper articles, etc.

IMLTHO, the "journalist" is a douche.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Doofus wrote:Another possible outcome is that the journalist reports this, gets discovered and then taken hostage and/or executed.
Interestingly enough the journalist actually was kidnapped and later released.This story has been out for awhile as it was shown through another media outlet titled "Behind the Masks". Refsdal later returned to meet up with the second in command mentioned in the story and was kidnapped by this faction and held in captivity for six days only to be later released unharmed. Maybe that scared him enough to tame his "journalistic" obligation to find the...news.

Idiot.

Here's the full length: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ON_LG5EGY
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I have no problem with him hanging out with Haji and doing a story on them. In fact I hope he spends more time with them. So much time that he gives away their position and they all end up with a close up view of multiple hellfire missiles. Or maybe he ends up with his head getting chopped off. either way would be okay by me
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
adckse
Ranger

Post by adckse »

Know thy enemy.... Any reports about an enemy either by military or civilian methods helps... How they live, sleep, train, etc...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we use CNN footage to calculate target assessment during the 'Shock and Awe' campaign against Iraq?

And then of course any footage can be used for propaganda for or against... First lesson in SERE School LV3...

Just my humble opinion... Now let the ass whipping begin :lol:
Attack co 2/75 RGR REG
93'-96'
Ranger Class 5-95'
01010010 01100001 01101110 01100111 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01001100 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010111 01100001 01111001
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Flesh Thorn wrote: For all we know, maybe he was working for us.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “The News Dump”