Turkish referendum

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Chiron
Ranger

Turkish referendum

Post by Chiron »

(CNN) -- Voters in Turkey on Sunday handed an emphatic victory to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan but results in a referendum on constitutional reform have exposed stark divisions within Turkish society, according to politicians and analysts.

Erdogan and his Islamist-rooted Justice and Development Party (AKP) have dominated Turkish politics since winning power in 2002 and the party's latest victory suggests it will be hard to stop in next year's parliamentary vote.

Almost 58 percent voted in favor of the government-backed reform package which included key amendments to the judicial system, abolishing the immunity enjoyed by leaders of a 1980 military coup and measures to promote gender equality and protect children, the elderly and the disabled.

Full story

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if anyone knows what the Turkish referendum implies.

In 1980 the Generals took control of the government and changed the constitution allowing or giving them power over the vote. Up until now it didn’t matter who the people voted for as the Generals had the ultimate say.

58 percent of the Turkish people voted the Generals out and short of overthrowing the government and installing a dictatorship they know have a Muslim majority.

Weather this is good or bad only the future will tell. One thing is for sure and that’s that the goal of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk after WWI to secularize Turkey is fading. As things are now being decided by plebiscite it can only mean that a non-secular state is forming in Asia Minor. Even though there are many good issues in this bill the fact that the Generals that ensured Kemal’s secular dream would hold, are no longer free to act, would mean the end of secularism is not far.

By the way Kemal was born in Thessaloniki Greece in 1881 but his father became the tax officer for the Ottoman Empire in the region of Mount Pillion Greece. He in fact grew up in Tsagarada, Greece the Village that my grandfather comes from which was finally free of Ottoman rule by 1898 (Aprox). When he grew up he enrolled in a military junior high school in Thessaloniki. The part about him living his early years in Tsagarada is not written in history but the old people (I had a friend that passed at 102 two years ago) knew this.

In the end Islam takes another step to Europe and the west. What do you think?
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Turkish referendum

Post by Jim »

Sadly, I see the end of secular Turkey. Kamal is turning over in his grave -- hell maybe they will destroy his tomb soon enough.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Jim wrote:Sadly, I see the end of secular Turkey. Kamal is turning over in his grave -- hell maybe they will destroy his tomb soon enough.
Very good point. Turkey is the only Sunni state that isn't a complete failure yet or in the near future. They're doing their best to keep that going and polarization is paying off.

The positive news is that entry into the EU is not going to happen and if we finally pull our heads out of our collective asses and deal with Iran, who is without a doubt the regional super-power, then we can always negate any problems with the Turks.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Nomad wrote:The positive news is that entry into the EU is not going to happen and if we finally pull our heads out of our collective asses and deal with Iran, who is without a doubt the regional super-power, then we can always negate any problems with the Turks.

I agree 100%.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

In the end Islam takes another step to Europe and the west. What do you think?
I think the west deserves what they will eventually get by allowing the cult of Islam to infiltrate and fester within their borders.
Shock
Tadpole

Post by Shock »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ranger Dan, it might be a little outdated but you might want to take a look at this.
אל תהי בז לכל אדם, ואל תהי מפליג לכל דבר, שאין לך אדם שאין לו שעה, ואין לך דבר שאין לו מקום
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

So we need to start breeding ? Unfortunately, the quality of breedable women I know is lacking :(
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Ranger Dan, it might be a little outdated but you might want to take a look at this.
The west will never be convinced that their culture is under any threat from external infiltration. Any that pose such ideas will automatically be denounced as racist.

The conquest of North America should serve as an example of what happens when foreign cultures occupy lands without assimilating the culture, just ask a native American....if you can find one.
So we need to start breeding ?
Nope.

We need to limit access to our nation, start kicking motherfuckers out, and killing motherfuckers imo...

But we won't. Our nation doesn't have the balls as our citizens are a bunch of limp wristed pussies.

Eventually, this nation will become a 3rd world shit hole country like most of the nations south of the border, and EVERY Islamic country on the planet.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Dan B 3/75 wrote:
So we need to start breeding ?
Nope.
...and just when I was reaching for the vitamins. :cry:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Tater Nuts wrote:So according to the video we need to kill 6.7 muslims per family to maintain the status quo, right ?

Sounds like a viable (and absolutely a blast) plan. Warm up the john boats, lets go. :mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

So according to the video we need to kill 6.7 muslims per family to maintain the status quo, right ?
That's a good start....
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Chiron wrote:By the way Kemal was born in Thessaloniki Greece in 1881 but his father became the tax officer for the Ottoman Empire in the region of Mount Pillion Greece. He in fact grew up in Tsagarada, Greece the Village that my grandfather comes from which was finally free of Ottoman rule by 1898 (Aprox). When he grew up he enrolled in a military junior high school in Thessaloniki. The part about him living his early years in Tsagarada is not written in history but the old people (I had a friend that passed at 102 two years ago) knew this.
Attaturk was also the Turk in charge at the total fuckup (on both sides) at Gallipoli in WWI. After that shit he would probably want everyone to get along, so it wouldn't happen again.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

rgrokelley wrote:
Chiron wrote:By the way Kemal was born in Thessaloniki Greece in 1881 but his father became the tax officer for the Ottoman Empire in the region of Mount Pillion Greece. He in fact grew up in Tsagarada, Greece the Village that my grandfather comes from which was finally free of Ottoman rule by 1898 (Aprox). When he grew up he enrolled in a military junior high school in Thessaloniki. The part about him living his early years in Tsagarada is not written in history but the old people (I had a friend that passed at 102 two years ago) knew this.
Attaturk was also the Turk in charge at the total fuckup (on both sides) at Gallipoli in WWI. After that shit he would probably want everyone to get along, so it wouldn't happen again.
He also gave the orders for the Armenian genocide of 1915 which urkey still refuses to accept that they did in fact kill 1.5 million men, women and children. But hey that was back then. Now they are going about it in another way. They are becoming a majority slowly in Europe.... He laid the ground work for his people which re 70million and growing.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

One other issue that is burning. To be politically correct means that one would lay down his or her beliefs and watch as "they" slowly take over.

I hate the words politically correct!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton

Return to “The News Dump”