ACLU wants to remove WW I memorial in Mojave Desert

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Re: ACLU wants to remove WW I memorial in Mojave Desert

Post by boscounderfoot »

WOW!! :shock: If this isn't reversed, what's to say they won't be "offended" by all the crosses in Arlington or for that matter, the D-Day Memorial in France which is also considered Federal land. It is so unbelievable to me that these misguided souls from the ACLU think they are correct in their stance.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

boscounderfoot wrote:WOW!! :shock: If this isn't reversed, what's to say they won't be "offended" by all the crosses in Arlington or for that matter, the D-Day Memorial in France which is also considered Federal land. It is so unbelievable to me that these misguided souls from the ACLU think they are correct in their stance.
Correct in their stance???? The ACLU will not be satisfied until all Christian references in this country are gone, all morals questioned, and all personal responsibilities of an individual are negated by law.

Note: If anyone is ever declared terminally ill, make it your last act to firebomb an ACLU office, kill some of the sorry cock suckers who occupy the space, and laugh sardonically as you see their flesh burn. No greater contempt could I muster than for these brazen self idolizing cretans whose very existance rides on the backs of those men and women who died giving them their rights. No death is too harsh, too painful, or to violent.

And PS: This is a public forum that can be read over the internet. I hope to God Im challenged by one, 10, or 50 of them.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
boscounderfoot wrote:WOW!! :shock: If this isn't reversed, what's to say they won't be "offended" by all the crosses in Arlington or for that matter, the D-Day Memorial in France which is also considered Federal land. It is so unbelievable to me that these misguided souls from the ACLU think they are correct in their stance.
Correct in their stance???? The ACLU will not be satisfied until all Christian references in this country are gone, all morals questioned, and all personal responsibilities of an individual are negated by law.

Note: If anyone is ever declared terminally ill, make it your last act to firebomb an ACLU office, kill some of the sorry cock suckers who occupy the space, and laugh sardonically as you see their flesh burn. No greater contempt could I muster than for these brazen self idolizing cretans whose very existance rides on the backs of those men and women who died giving them their rights. No death is too harsh, too painful, or to violent.

And PS: This is a public forum that can be read over the internet. I hope to God Im challenged by one, 10, or 50 of them.
I'll be your ammo bearer.

While my views on religion conflict with many (if not most) around here, I damn sure think this is bullshit. The ACLU have a proven track record of having a singular agenda that has NOTHING to do with the Constitution or Bill of Rights. The should asphyxiate on the fumes emanating from Shrillary's shriveled up.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

Its that monument first, then the ACLU will try and take all the crosses down in Arlington
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

The ACLU can kiss my white Southern Illinois farm-boy ass............

AFTER I have taken a dumb but BEFORE I wipe it ! :twisted:

Wait........let me eat about a dozen taco's from a Taco truck driven by a guy who came across the border 26 hours ago first, THEN they can kiss my ass !
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

dbmtrman wrote:Its that monument first, then the ACLU will try and take all the crosses down in Arlington
Federal land, Crosses... You hit the nail on the head!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Y'know, as an atheist and as a moderate (which around here is about as close to a flaming liberal as you can find), I say fuck them.

If there was an Iraq War memorial being built, I'd ask that it not contain any religious icons. If it were to be a single symbol in the middle of a desert, a single large American flag atop a rock would be pretty damned awesome. That'd be fair to me and my generation. World War I isn't my generation. The memorial is for World War I veterans, not us and certainly not the ACLU. Anyone who isn't represented by that memorial can fuck right the hell off when it comes to altering it.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Update in the Washington Post:
The Old Secular Cross?
High Court to Consider Issue of Church-State Separation

By Robert Barnes
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, September 29, 2009

MOJAVE NATIONAL PRESERVE, Calif. -- It would be easy to miss among the yucca and Joshua trees of this vast place -- a small plywood box, set back from a gentle curve in a lonesome desert road. It looks like nothing so much as a miniature billboard without a message.

But inside the box is a 6 1/2 -foot white cross, built to honor the war dead of World War I. And because its perch on a prominent outcropping of rock is on federal land, it has been judged to be an unconstitutional display of government favoritism of one religion over another.

Whether the Mojave cross is ever unveiled again -- or taken down for good -- is up to the Supreme Court led by Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. Next week, it will get its first major chance to divine the meaning of the First Amendment command that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03075.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Fire at will boys...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;