India's first lunar probe lands on the moon

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RTO
BANNED

India's first lunar probe lands on the moon

Post by RTO »

NEW DELHI – The first lunar probe from India landed successfully on the moon Friday, the Indian Space Research Organization said.

ISRO chairman G. Madhavan Nair said cameras on board have been transmitting images of the moon back to Indian space control, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

Chief among the lunar mission's goals is mapping not only the surface of the moon, but what lies beneath. If successful, India will join what is shaping up to be a 21st century space race with Chinese and Japanese crafts already in orbit around the moon.

Story Continues Here....
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: India's first lunar probe lands on the moon

Post by rgrokelley »

RTO wrote:Chief among the lunar mission's goals is mapping not only the surface of the moon, but what lies beneath. Story Continues Here....
And to figure out where to put the Quicky Mart
:lol:
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Laugh all you want. My wife and I were talking about this and related subjects this morning at breakfast.

It's disapointing to realize that the US is in a decline. We used to be the leader in new tech development, everyone else would just follow in our footsteps and produce what we made cheaper. Now not only do we not export anything we really don't innovate any more either.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

This was the first I recall hearing of Chinese & Japanese spacecraft orbiting the moon.

I doubt it will be in my lifetime, but maybe within the next 100 years I see a permanent space colony on the moon with medical facilities, shopping, condominiums, and yes... maybe a Quicky Mart :lol:
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

The Hindus probed Luna and he landed on the moon?

Musta hurt a bit.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:India can’t keep a ferry boat from flipping over, busses from flying off of cliffs, trains on tracks or Bengal tigers out of a village perimeter. Mass casualties constantly in the news. :shock:

How the hell did they put something on the moon?
They produce skilled scientists and engineers. We don't any more. Their schools have standards, ours don't. The doctorates who run the departments in American universities and the new doctorial candidates aren't American anymore. In the technical fields they're East & South Asian, especially from India & the PRC. Our grads aren't well enough educated or literate enough.
We're dropping behind so fast it's sickening. India, Russia and China will be the 21st century superpowers while we suck hind tit. Nature abhors a vacuum, we created the vacancy & the hungry-for-success are filling it.

Yeah, I know, I'm painting with a broad brush & we all can cite antidotal evidence one way or another, but as regards the big picture, I'm rock solid right.
By the way, did either candidate actually mention "education" in this last election?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

K.Ingraham wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:India can’t keep a ferry boat from flipping over, busses from flying off of cliffs, trains on tracks or Bengal tigers out of a village perimeter. Mass casualties constantly in the news. :shock:

How the hell did they put something on the moon?
They produce skilled scientists and engineers. We don't any more. Their schools have standards, ours don't. The doctorates who run the departments in American universities and the new doctorial candidates aren't American anymore. In the technical fields they're East & South Asian, especially from India & the PRC. Our grads aren't well enough educated or literate enough.
We're dropping behind so fast it's sickening. India, Russia and China will be the 21st century superpowers while we suck hind tit. Nature abhors a vacuum, we created the vacancy & the hungry-for-success are filling it.

Yeah, I know, I'm painting with a broad brush & we all can cite antidotal evidence one way or another, but as regards the big picture, I'm rock solid right.
By the way, did either candidate actually mention "education" in this last election?
My father is a retired physics, math and chemistry professor. He has tutored sons of kings and sons/daughters of the corporate world and regrettably they all or most of them were from India, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and even China. The interesting thing is that they came to the U.S. for an education. After that they (most of them) went back to lead their country into the 21st century. Yes it’s true that most of them did go back and now we see the results. It occurred from many schools, universities and the U.S. did keep some of the intelligent ones but most went back to their respective countries.

The U.S. is behind the power curve and needs to push our young into science, math and medicine more than the usual liberal fields such as arts and law. We have too many lawyers and dancers!

So it becomes inevitable for the time being that they pass us at least for now. We as a nation acted as a magnet for all the intelligent minds of the world for the last century but now we see the requirement for “home grownâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

TC204 wrote:
rangertough wrote:Laugh all you want. My wife and I were talking about this and related subjects this morning at breakfast.

It's disapointing to realize that the US is in a decline. We used to be the leader in new tech development, everyone else would just follow in our footsteps and produce what we made cheaper. Now not only do we not export anything we really don't innovate any more either.

Tough
We've put probes and rovers on Mars.
Good point but who will put a lunar base into operation first? Also the mining rights up there would go to those that have a home up there.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:I wonder how well curry holds up in space...........
the ultimate preservative....just add more pepper for longer voyages.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “The News Dump”