Generation kill Iraq?

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
CavScout152A
Embryo

Generation kill Iraq?

Post by CavScout152A »

I can tell you first hand, I live it everyday... Iraq is not a video game! yes we went through several video game orented simulators when Mobalizing up for our misson to come over here. I remember sitting in my 4th or 5th grade class room watching the news about Desert Storm. I remember watching the fall of the wall, and communism. I remember turnnig on the tv after being awoke by my then three month old daughter watchin in horror as the plane hit the tower... and I remember everything I see over here, Vividly every night when I lay my head down on the rack to goto sleep knowing that one of my friends, my brothers didnt make it out alive today... trust me I can tell you first hand... It is not a VIDEO GAME!

Oh and maybe it is just my command, but... If we was ever caught with a cd player, Ipod, zune, psp or cell phone on misson we would have our butts handed to us. If you are using those instruments while you are suppose to be scanning your sector you are wrong. You are not only putting yourself in danger but the whole dang CLP, squad, ect.. I mean come on you are here, (there) to do a job and that job is paying attention not messing with your zune or PsP. That my friends is why people end up getting killed over stupidity. Something that can wait till the end of the mission when you are sitting on your rack or outside smoking a cigarette talking to your buddies. Yes it would be nice to have something pumping you up, but oh yeah you already do... your job the most addrinalline pushing job in the world... ensuring freedom, as an American Soldier. so for me when I am in my gunners hatch on mission I am going to be paying attention, scanning my sector and using my brain, knowing what to do when the time comes to pop that pen flare at an oncoming vehicle, or fire a warning shot, or take out the vehicle with a fifty cal right through the engine block or scanning for signs of an IED or EFP. I wont be listening to music or playing games, I will be doing what that stuff is made of.. the real thing.

Are we really a generation that wants to be portrayed in the light that this video brings? I for one want to be looked at as a profeesional, ready and willing to defend my country against all who oppose her, not some ignorant teenager listening to music when i should be paying attention. People need to realize what they are doing in that video is being complaicent, and complaicency ends up getting people killed... Stay Alert, Stay Alive...
1-152 CAV (RSTA)
Operation Iraqi Freedom 2008
Currently Stationed at Ft. Bragg attached to the Wounded Warrior Program
* Scouts Out ! *
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Shut the fuck up.

Either you're talking to us, which is arrogant, or you're advising future soldiers, which is ignorant.

We do that here...not you.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

I just finished re-reading "Recondo" by Larry Chambers for about the 100th time since it came out. In one particular mission deep behind enemy lines Larry talks about a run and gun firefight with VC and the soundtrack to "The good the bad and the ugly" being played over 1000 watt speakers mounted on a Psyops bird. Pretty fucking bold if you ask me.

War and music has gone together since there was war and music, which pretty much means since the dawn of time.

Please rememebr that this site was created by Rangers for Rangers. You are simply a guest here.

While I appreciate your service to this great nation, I don't realy give an ounce of shit about your opinion.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
CavScout152A
Embryo

Post by CavScout152A »

ok, what are guests allowed to talk about here? Are we not allowed to post opinons to current events? I am not trying to be disrespectful in anyway to anyone. I am just trying to do what I thought a forum was for discussing issues. I was not trying to advise anyone on anything or be arrogant, I was just explaining my experience as a recon scout that is all. I appologize if I have offended anyone.
1-152 CAV (RSTA)
Operation Iraqi Freedom 2008
Currently Stationed at Ft. Bragg attached to the Wounded Warrior Program
* Scouts Out ! *
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

CavScout152A wrote:ok, what are guests allowed to talk about here? Are we not allowed to post opinons to current events? I am not trying to be disrespectful in anyway to anyone. I am just trying to do what I thought a forum was for discussing issues. I was not trying to advise anyone on anything or be arrogant, I was just explaining my experience as a recon scout that is all. I appologize if I have offended anyone.
Having been there and done that, I suppose you feel the need to speak. Please recognize that most of us fall into this category. I'm proud to tell you that each and every one of our members who has Ranger on his avatar has been vetted and certified. Please continue to be our guest- someone will let you know if he is offended.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

TC204 wrote:I know everyone here respects your service to this country but the best policy here as a new member especially, is to read more, and post less. I'm a former squid so I've always used common sense regarding where to post and what to post. Get to know the guys and get a feel of what you should or shouldn't post. As a non Ranger you have to know your place basically, and there are lots of non Rangers and Veterans from other branches that are respected members here, but you have to earn that.
If I'm out of place posting this I'm sure they'll let me know :wink:
Good advice from the Squid.

Situational Awareness can be a huge asset on this site. More time reading and less posting, especially in the early months will give you more time to learn the ropes around here.

Welcome to the site 8)
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Recon Scout my ass.

That shit smacks of "my space". This ain't fucking "my space".

There are actual experts in the field of reconnaissance here. You have been assigned to a RSTA. We don't actually consider that a credential.

Hope you heal up well...'cause I want your ass when you come after a real tab.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “The News Dump”