Superpower divide over Serbia and Kosovo widens

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

The Greeks and the Turks, they don't need reasons or religion or Gods to go to war and die. They only need just cause and they will go to war to conquer the dirt. They will pick up where they left off.

It's kinda like ( I think...Doorgunners sig. line) Don't pick a fight with an old guy, he'll just kill you.
Save A Cowboy...Ride A Harley

Sometimes I feel like a bitch and sometimes I don't.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Horned Toad »

[quote="Rock Island Ranger"][quote="Chiron"]
Now to put it in terms most can understand….

Imagine in 25 years the Mexicans in southern parts of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas declaring independence under the name of “Mexicanaâ€
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

UPDATE:

NATO shuts torched Kosovo border posts as tensions fume

PRISTINA (AFP) - NATO peacekeepers Tuesday sealed two Kosovo border crossings with Serbia for 24 hours after they were torched by angry Serbs as international tensions simmered over Kosovo's independence.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warned the United States that Kosovo's break from Serbia was "dangerous" for the world, but US President George W. Bush insisted the move would bring peace.

Kosovo lawmakers took the split further by passing their first legislation since Sunday's declaration of independence, including the creation of Kosovo citizenship, passports and a foreign ministry.

EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana meanwhile became the first top international figure to visit since independence was proclaimed, flying into the capital Pristina for the day to see Kosovo leaders.

Tuesday's arson attack by hundreds of Serbs was the most serious violent reaction to the unilateral break from Belgrade in Kosovo, which has been formally recognised by the United States and major European powers.

With Serbia vowing to contest the split as illegal, at least 1,000 Kosovo Serbs plus 150 from Serbia ransacked and torched the Banja and Jarinje border crossing points before fleeing.

Story Continues Here...
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I found a video of 1st Batt in Kosovo!!! :shock:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4494097933
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

RTO wrote:I found a video of 1st Batt in Kosovo!!! :shock:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4494097933

Dude......this is not funny......I have a friend that lives there; and She is worried sick!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

One thing that everyone should know….

The Russians, Greeks and Serbs are re-evaluating the strategic meaning of Kosovo being taken away from the Serbs.

The fact that Albania all the way to FYROM is populated mostly (about 85%) by Muslim Albanians is going to cause havoc in the Balkans.

On the news last night here it became obvious that the Greeks will VETO FYROM’s entry into NATO. They also believe that Nimitz is an idiot for saying things like “Macedoniaâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

!

Post by Chiron »

As I told a friend NATO is busted with this Kosovo issue 100% and the worst thing is that it proves that the UN is worthless. UN resolution 1254 (check number) I think states that Serbia will not be torn more than it was after the war. International law short of civil war forbids unilateral declarations of independence. Spain and Romania have even bigger minorities that wish independence... The real fear starts now. We saw tonight at the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade in my opinion the least violent demonstrations... The Serb HOMELAND is Kosovo and my opinion is after diplomatic attempts are finished the TIGERS will come out to play….

If anyone thinks that the Muslim minority in northern Greece will get annexed to Turkey well Greece has a saying it’s called “Liberty or Deathâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

THIS JUST IN......

Belgrade's US Embassy set on fire.

BELGRADE, Serbia - Serb rioters broke into the U.S. Embassy Thursday and set fire to an office after a large protest against Kosovo's independence that drew an estimated 150,000 people.

Masked attackers broke into the building, which has been closed this week, and tried to throw furniture from an office. A blaze broke out but firefighters swiftly put out the flames.

Authorities drove armored jeeps down the street and fired tear gas to clear the crowd. The protesters dispersed into side streets where they continued clashing with authorities.

The neighboring Croatian Embassy also was attacked by the same group of protesters.

Link Posted Here....
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

I am confident that you are taking precautions for the safety of you and your family however, it must be said...TAKE CARE.

litlbird

litlbird
Ranger Mom

Re: !

Post by litlbird »

[quote="Chiron"]....well Greece has a saying it’s called “Liberty or Deathâ€

Return to “The News Dump”