Just finished Ground Week

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Re: Just finished Ground Week

Post by romaniak96 »

I've learned a lot in the past 8 months and will continue to do so. I'm not the same guy I was who fell asleep during Cole Range and got admin dropped for it. Yeah maybe I could have fought to get recycled, maybe I could have done more to become a Ranger. But I didn't. I could try to go back but I don't want to be a Ranger anymore, my eyes are set on becoming a Green Beret now. I accept my failures and learned from them. My failures changed me and made me into a better man. Ranger Disinfertion, you seem drunk based at what tome you posted that and how you're kind of rambling but I feel that you want me to succeed so I appreciate it, I really do.
27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Here's what I see, after all the hoorah about wanting to be a Ranger when you came here, to then getting DX'd for sleeping during the course.

You get sent to 82, admit to us, or at least tell us your version of the story and we still accept you here because it seems you have integrity and are maybe just a young dumb Private like we all were at some point.

Then all this hoorah about going SF, you finally get a date for it, and then decline to accept that date, even though you posted PT scores that seem a bit inflated to me if anything, because you want to be "more" ready in Oct if I understood your prior post correctly.

It sounds to me like you already quit that venture in your head. Time alone will tell, though I personally have no interest in your updates after this.

Who the fuck are you to come on here and make snide fucking comments towards one of our members who's done more for this country than you'll ever know you fresh little prick. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

Don't want to post here anymore. There's no reasoning with ignorance.
27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

romaniak96 wrote:Don't want to post here anymore. There's no reasoning with ignorance.
Ignorance?

The only ignorance I've seen lately is you accusing one seasoned Ranger, who has spent his ENTIRE CAREER within the Regiment and one of the few IN ALL 3 BATTALIONS, and the other, who is a combat veteran as well.

You've had your "poor poor pitiful me" party throughout this entire thread and when 2 Rangers on this board, finally give it to you in no bull shit terms, you then turtle up and come off like some twatwaffled snowflake, by stating "I don't want the Ranger option any longer."

Why? Because they stood by their standards when you fucked up and now that you have a grudge, you decide you want to go play in SF's playground thinking it will be different? I got news for you studly - if you think you can hide your short comings during SFAS, you're in for a rude awakening.
Notice I said nothing about the SFQC as from what I've read since you've been here, tells me you'll never make it that far.

This was a post from you almost a year ago. :roll:
romaniak96 wrote:I want to be a Ranger because I want to joined a brotherhood full of highly motivated Soldiers. I can't imagine how great it must be being around people who want to work as hard as you and can just constantly push each other to do better and feed off each others energy. I don't like half-assing and I love to work hard, it's so satisfying looking back at a job and saying I did my best and it turned out pretty well. I love motivating others and I love pushing people to do their best as well. When everybody is trying their best and everybody is doing the right thing, success and excellence is usually a product of it. That is what I believe the Rangers are all about and that is what I want to be a part of.
So much for all of that. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how you waited till the last minute and registered here, thinking this will get me by.......

And now that the coddling is done, and you get the straight skinny with both barrels from 2 highly respected Rangers on this forum, (One of which in your own ignorance - you accused of being drunk with absolutely no proof at all) of being ignorant with the attitude of "I'm gonna take my basketball and go play elsewhere" ....really?

Good luck sugar tits.

I have it in my mind to lock this fucking thread, as it's gone on for far too long now and bounce you out the fucking door, but, as it stands, I'm going to leave it opened out of respect for those who tried to give you some wisdom, but instead, you got all butt hurt about it when it wasn't phrased all nice and friendly like.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

I guess because I cussed a bunch... and it was 1am... and there were a couple grammatical/spelling errors I was drunk. I've been accused of a lot worse. You probably won't see this reply but you at least got my point.

Not sure what reasoning with ignorance is in reference to. Excluding my 'ramblings' you've gotten some pretty solid advice. Ranger's and Vet's on this site have a funny way of sniffing out bullshit and calling people on it. I never will tell someone to fail but these guys here can see it from a mile away. Do good things in the military no matter where you are. You don't have to be a SF/Ranger/Scuba Ninja/Operator to be successful. You have to believe in yourself and remember you are a part of something larger than all of us no matter where you serve.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

romaniak96 wrote:Don't want to post here anymore. There's no reasoning with ignorance.
Richard, don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

You sacred the crap out of me Jim... only my mother calls me Richard :lol:
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

This turd should be banned. For whatever reason after all the help and patience he received here he decided to come in one afternoon and piss all over the furniture while giving us all the middle finger.

A Private in the 82nd feeling a little salty after a year in service. Fuck him.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

I think the only one salty is you Ranger Cams😂
27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

I'm chilling, I love life. I'm not here to give anymore updates on what I'm doing but I thought I'd give yall that little update. Anyways, carry on being salty.👍🏼
27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

All jokes aside, I'm sorry for the smart ass remarks and disrespect. That wasn't right of me. I appreciate everything you guys have done for this great country and this forum in terms of helping young aspiring Rangers. While we may have different attidudes and mindsets towards things, I believe most of us joined for the same thing: we love our Country. (Some people joined to shoot people in the face.) But no, I really just wanted to apologize for my behavior and I wish you all best of luck in your future endeavours.
27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102

Return to “Letters from School”