recommended for drop

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

recommended for drop

Post by NeverSayDie »

I knew I wasn't doing as well as I expected ( I failed 3/10 events. One of the iterations of land nav, one ruck march, and the first GST) but there's plenty of guys way worse off than I am that haven't even popped up on anyone's radar so this kick in the balls came from way out in left field.

From what I understand it's worked its way up to the Sergeant Major, which is the last man who has to sign off on it. The 1SG and CO didn't even call me in to talk to me before put in their names on it, so I think it might be something in my file.

Don't know what the fuck to do. 4 events next week so I'm banking on the opportunity to ace those before anything happens.

Its not over yet, and wont be until they drag me out of here kicking and screaming.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: recommended for drop

Post by cams »

Why are you posting this in here? Attention to detail stud.

The 1st Sgt and CO trust their NCO's that make the recommendations, they don't need to speak to you about anything. Did you do your peers yet? Have you been helping others with everyday tasks'? 100% and then some?

In all honesty, you've been pretty cocky since your arrival here and I've spoken to you about it before when Ranger K.Ingraham asked me to look in on you. Even your "Location" below your Screen name, says "Ft. Bullshit", those things speak volumes to the older dudes, especially from someone that hasn't even made it to their first permanant duty station yet.

Tighten your shit up now and drive on, they haven't pulled you yet, that's the good news.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

cams wrote:Why are you posting this in here? Attention to detail stud.

The 1st Sgt and CO trust their NCO's that make the recommendations, they don't need to speak to you about anything. Did you do your peers yet? Have you been helping others with everyday tasks'? 100% and then some?

In all honesty, you've been pretty cocky since your arrival hereI' and I've spoken to you about it before when Ranger K.Ingraham asked me to look in on you. Even your "Location" below your Screen name, says "Ft. Bullshit", those things speak volumes to the older dudes, especially from someone that hasn't even made it to their first permanant duty station yet.

Tighten your shit up now and drive on, they haven't pulled you yet, that's the good news.
Ranger Cams,

I'm posting this here in the hopes of finding some advice on what to do in order to reverse this turn of events. The consul of the men on this board has never failed me before. We haven't done peers yet, and I make a point of doing things like helping clean the barracks when its not my squads turn. The main thing that I believe may have brought this on was falling out of a run during squad pt the monday after cole range. My sneakers where destroyed from being in the sustainment pouch of my ruck, so I tried using a pair of trail shoes, which in retrospect, was a horrible Idea. This of course, was an isolated incident.

Criticism is more than welcome. I have to figure out where I'm wrong if I'm going to fix myself. And you're right. I always believed that if you where hungry enough for something, and wanted it bad enough, and worked hard enough for it, the natural cause and effect would be that you got it. All the little things that have to fall into place and how important things like how the people around me perceive me really are, I always treated as secondary. Its not that I never considered failure an option, its that I never really considered it at all. Regiment has been and continues to be the one real opportunity I have to do something great with my life. I have no plan B.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Alrite bud I understand that part of it, but this is the Ranger School Forum. This is not the RASP forum or The Letters From School forum, which is what I was referring to.

Unless your completely brain dead right now and thought you were in there, or my computer is fucked up and it's lying to me about what room I'm in.

I imagine you're exhausted by now, I would be too, I have been, we all have been, but this is when you have to thrive, when everyone else around you is also exhausted, you have to stay positive, you have to stay alert and you have to stay motivated. Just because you can see the finish line, does not mean you can let up. Get mean, get fucking motivated, tighten up, lock down and see the mission through.

You will be evaluated by your RASP Cadre up until the very minute of graduation, until then it is not over.

I'm not beating you down here bud, I want you to succeed, you've come too far to stop now. I'm dying to hear that you finally graduated and I'm telling you straight, you gotta lock it up, lock on, and Charlie Mike. Highly motivated, shake off the shits and do it. And remember, attitude is everything, good and bad. Cockiness is highly frowned upon.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Gotta agree with Cams on the "Ft. Bullshit" thing. A-that stuff has a way of getting back to cadre. B-This place you refer to as such was my home for 6 years. Granted, not as glamorous as Lewis, or fun as being in HAAF, but it was my home nonetheless... Also home to the Infantry School, Airborne School, of course Ranger School It is the headquarters of the Regiment that you are trying so valiantly to be assigned to. Over the years, hundreds of thousands of men and women have passed through its inprocessing. It is now also home of the Armor school, and most likely has not been this large in population since the height of the Vietnam war. There is more history there than you can possibly imagine. I take umbrage at your remarks.

You want constructive criticism? Here is a dose. Drop that "Ft. Bullshit" thing form your ID line. Today. Right NOW. That tells me more than anything about your attitude, and just that can get you dropped. IF you get through RASP, and IF you get assigned as permanent party there, then go ahead and call Benning whatever the fuck you want. As of right now, you are a guest, and need to conduct yourself as one. Don't piss of your hosts and have them throw you out of the party just before it gets good.

If they do send you down the road, tighten your shot group, suck it up and drive on. Hopefully you won't have fucked up so bad you will be given a chance to come back. You've come too far to get dropped now for some stupid shit.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I am going to work under the assumption that NSD is currently working his ass off to remedy this situation, and is not fucking around online reading forums for shortcuts. Is it possible for an admin to correct the location mistake?

NSD, there have been several instances since you joined where you were given advice, then tried to argue against it when it wasn't something that lined up with your vision. Hopefully you are beginning to see where our advice was coming from, and hopefully it is not too late for you to correct your course.

At this point I think it would be highly advisable to refrain from posting again until you can provide one of the following:
a)Your graduation info (pic if possible)
or
b)Your worldwide assignment and plan to drive on.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

My gut feeling is that he's already been dropped and is out processing.

He said it had already been written up and was on the SGM's desk.

Though I don't recall without looking back through other posts if he was in Phase 1 or 2. Best case outside of graduation is recycle to Day 1, and that of course is up to the professionals.

I'm still curious wtf he was thinking posting in this room. Definite lack of SA.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I don't much frequent this site anymore so I didn't see this thread until I got a phone call a few minutes ago advising me of it. It's 2345 right now, monday night. NSD's board was supposed to be today (he called me friday w/ the WO).
So far, no news, so I'm hoping he's been read the riot act and is still in the program as they are allowed only limited access to their phones. He'd be man enough to let me know if he got dropped. The WW barracks doesn't get the same restrictions, I believe.

Thank you all for speaking straight to him--especially you Cams as you've been mentoring him as long as I have. Whether he makes it or not in RASP, we've made a big difference in this kid's life--an Abram's Charter for manhood & shit.

RLTW!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lunch wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:I don't much frequent this site anymore so I didn't see this thread until I got a phone call a few minutes ago advising me of it. It's 2345 right now, monday night. NSD's board was supposed to be today (he called me friday w/ the WO).
So far, no news, so I'm hoping he's been read the riot act and is still in the program as they are allowed only limited access to their phones. He'd be man enough to let me know if he got dropped. The WW barracks doesn't get the same restrictions, I believe.

Thank you all for speaking straight to him--especially you Cams as you've been mentoring him as long as I have. Whether he makes it or not in RASP, we've made a big difference in this kid's life--an Abram's Charter for manhood & shit.

RLTW!
Sorry I dropped the ball and didn't get word to you. Lack of situational awareness on my part.
No sweat, we share the tasks.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

NSD is WW.

Hopefully he'll post a full sitrep on here when he gets a chance.

And puts together his Plan B.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

cams wrote:NSD is WW.
WW?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Jim wrote:
WW?
Not to step on Cams toes but WW is world wide.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RMP-RLTW wrote:
Jim wrote:
WW?

Ryan
RLTW!
Thanks.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RMP-RLTW wrote:
Jim wrote:
WW?

Ryan
RLTW!
No sweat brother. Yes he was dropped on recommendation of the cadre and is on World Wide assignment right now in holding. He will be assigned as per the needs of the US Army.

Let this be a lesson to all DEP's reading this, we don't tell you to do shit to hear ourselves talk. You get orders or tasks' from us you do them to the fucking letter. As much as you may think you know or are prepared, you don't and you aren't.

Any DEP's reading this go knock out 50pushups and one for the Ranger in the Sky. Don't answer, just do.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Letters from School”