SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Ace18
Infantryman

SITREP

Post by Ace18 »

opsec
Last edited by Ace18 on January 29th, 2011, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20100602--11XOPT40
Mentee to Ranger Bill
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

Brief, but acceptable SITREP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Hang on tight youngster. This is going to be the wildest ride of your life.....enjoy!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Ace18
Infantryman

Post by Ace18 »

Edited OPSEC
Last edited by Ace18 on November 4th, 2010, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20100602--11XOPT40
Mentee to Ranger Bill
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Keep drivin on, Ace18 . . . Here's your first tip, NEVER QUIT!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Here's your second, third, fourth and fifth tip.

2. Don't be late
3. Don't be light
4. Don't be out of uniform
5. Remember tip number one-don't quit.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

The time will pass like nothing. Use it well.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Ace18
Infantryman

Post by Ace18 »

Edited
Last edited by Ace18 on December 17th, 2010, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
20100602--11XOPT40
Mentee to Ranger Bill
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Has anyone refused you the opportunity to do PT instead of just standing around doing nothing? DO PUSHUPS! RUN IN PLACE! Don't blame others!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Your sad because you're not getting smoked?.......easy turbo. :evil: PT is in individual respsonsibility. Unfortunately big Army is so jacked up and the people in it so slothful that they can't be trusted so you have to have 20 billion formations a day.

First things first, there is a war going on in a few different places. Regiment has to provided C2 all over the place. Sorry you're not on the top of the "to do list". Remember you came to the Army and asked to join the Regiment, not the other way around.

Second-Go back and reread what Ranger CDWdirect wrote abour RIP aka RASP. It changes every class and it's out of your control, don't worry about things you can't control. The smoke is coming. If they smoked the dog piss out of you a few days before a PT test some whiner would complain that was the reason he failed the test. You and I both know that that he failed because he failed to prepare, but that's no matter, the cadre will still have to account to the RTD CSM. Naturally the CSM is going to side with the cadre, however, no matter how right you are nobody likes to be called into the CSM's hooch to explain themselves. You think RASP cadre are intimidating, what till a Ranger CSM has a case of the ass with you.

Third-Like Ranger Slowpoke said, go knock you some PT on your own. At this point you just need to stay loose. You're either going to pass or you won't. You're not going to make any significant gains in a few days or even a few weeks. PT is like religion, it's a never ending journey where you'll never truly know the "way" or the "answer". You've been doing well up until this point on PT so don't stress on it. Can you do push ups, sit ups, pull ups and can you run.....good. Just do it really fast on test day :wink:

Fourth-RIP hold sucks, period. Most of us here have done it, so no love lost there. I'm sure I could start a pissing contest with the other Rangers on here about who had the worst RIP hold experience. I'm positive you'd lose :lol: As you gain experience you'll begin to appreciate that sometimes being in the "first easy class" isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Fifth and last thought-take it one event at a time, one day at time. I know that you're stoked to rock this thing, but be patient, you're not going to earn your scroll in one day. My PSG told me once about rucking, "it's going to take us a long time to get there, so relax and enjoy the view."
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

The thing you have to grasp is that the whole process is designed to make you want to quit. That's what the "standing around" is meant to do and you will see men around you do just that: quit. Yeah, it sucks. But cowboy the fuck up and learn to love the suck. I know you can do this, it just a matter how much you want it. It's a game, a serious game. And "they" want you to lose. Don't let "them" beat you.

And I promise you this: The "standing around" is nothing compared to what you are going to face once class starts or get to Regiment. Men around you are going to drop like flies. The aim is to weed you out. Don't let them. And i don't care about you letting me down. I care about you letting yourself down. Post that you will, you can and that you must drive on and do and endure whatever no matter what. Or post no more.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

If you need to do some PT that bad just walk up to the 1st NCO you can find and act like a smart ass
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Ace18
Infantryman

Post by Ace18 »

Rangers, after reading your posts I thought about it a little more and you are all correct. They owe us nothing and the cadres job is to inprocess us, not prepare us. We take our pt test tomorrow. I'll post my results after.
20100602--11XOPT40
Mentee to Ranger Bill
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Ace18 wrote:Rangers, after reading your posts I thought about it a little more and you are all correct. They owe us nothing and the cadres job is to inprocess us, not prepare us. We take our pt test tomorrow. I'll post my results after.
I know your NCOIC personally. IF you would like you can PM me your name and I will make sure you get that extra attention you feel that you need.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “Letters from School”