2nd time's the Charm

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Caveman's_Kid
Soldier

2nd time's the Charm

Post by Caveman's_Kid »

Hello Rangers,
I went through Airborne School around Thanksgiving 99, on my second jump I trying to reach out and touch the DZ, little did I know (beforehand) it would touch me back. My ankle got curved worse then the #7 at Taco Bell. Over a decade later, and over 30 years old, I come back..... The newest 5-jump chump, double-stacked with a bulwinkle badge is beaming with personal pride! I start RASP in roughly 10 hours, can't wait to get some great training. No word yet as to if I go to to the 4th RTSB or at Regiment HQ, I'll take it as it comes to me. I got alot riding on this, but my kids are more then worth it. Wish me luck Rangers, I'm waiting anxiously for some sweet misery!

V/R,
~Christopher
"Per quislibet facultas necessarius"
~By Any Means Necessary
EAT III
Ranger

Re: 2nd time's the Charm

Post by EAT III »

ZoneIV wrote:
Caveman's_Kid wrote:I went through Airborne School around Thanksgiving 99, on my second jump I trying to reach out and touch the DZ, little did I know (beforehand) it would touch me back. My ankle got curved worse then the #7 at Taco Bell.
Geez....just how many "second jumps" did you have? Unless I am mistaken, in your "introduction" thread you stated you refused the second jump and never got on the bird because you wanted to change MOSs. In other words, you quit. Well I guess you think it does sound better to imply you got hurt and couldn't continue Airborne School. I have little patience for shit like this.
I thought so also, I guess we have 2 of them? Remember you posting this STUD!
From your Intro:
:shock:
Good moring EAT-III,
I left basic and headed to Fort Lee, VA to attend the Airborne Orientation Course. After that, I was sent to Fort Benning for Jump School. Calling my dad and discovering I had made a horrible career choice in MOS's, I took the advice given to me and refused my 2nd jump, which terminated my entire enilistment contract. I was sent to the "white house," which was HHC 1-507th PIR, and reclassed to my current MOS. Directly after that I left Fort Benning, and went to Fort Gordon to my new/current AIT, all of this was roughly 9 years ago. I've been beating myself up about the refusing those last jumps for nearly a decade ago, but I am finally going down the path I should've taken all those years ago, going Ranger.
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

I'll beat Zonk to the post. Vote to Ban. LOL
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Is 4th RSTB anything like 4th RTB ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Robert Rogers Standing Order #4:
"Tell the truth about what you see and what you do. There is an army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the Rangers, but don't ever lie to a Ranger or an officer."
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Send a PM to myself or any of the admins if you make it through RASP.

Until then your time on this board is over. We don't like integrity violations of any kind and don't take kindly to hypocrites, especially when they're in charge of soldiers. Their actions go against our creed.

RLTW!

Return to “Letters from School”