SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
DUG
Tadpole

SITREP

Post by DUG »

Rangers,

Finished up CLT (Common Leader Training) last week and started processing into Language this week. Things are going good and still driving on. Thanks again for everything this site has done, I think about something I've read or learned from here almost every day. Happy Thanksgiving.

P.S. Ranger Caruthers, I finally tracked down McMillan and delivered your message. Small world.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Nomad
Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Nomad »

Excellent job, DUG. Keep us posted. What language are you getting assigned?
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Keep driving on.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Short SITREP. Keep us updated on your progress. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Sorry for the slow response. My language is Spanish. I was assigned that before I took the DLAB because I'm National Guard. I did take the DLAB at Selection, but to be honest was half asleep and probably didn't score too well.

Ranger Jim,

That was a pretty shitty SITREP. CLT was a good course. We were divided into teams and had an instructor or TAC for each team that we asked questions and got advice. That was a pretty valuable experience. As part of our inprocessing for language school we took a pt test, five mile run, six mile ruck, pull up test, and rope climb test all through the first week after getting assigned to our IODA's and Instructor. We had a jump about three weeks ago and have had briefings and classes up until leave. Should start the language classes when we get back in January.

Hope everybody had a good Christmas!
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

It was good to hear from you today. I've said all that needs saying to you. Good luck.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Keep up the good/hard work. It'll pay off in spades down the road.

Merry Christmas, DUG!
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Rangers,

Just a quick update and short SITREP. Still in language school and set to finish up in a little over a month. Next up will be SUT towards the end of May until somewhere around the second week of August. Language school has been okay, but to be honest I haven't really enjoyed it that much. I didn't know any Spanish beforehand other than "si" and "no" and my teacher spoke only Spanish from the second day on. Needless to say, my ass was in a world of hurt for about three weeks at the beginning.

I have a really good TAC and team and we do pt (similar to militaryathlete, run, or ruck) everyday and about two times a week we do some sort of SUT train-up after pt. I think we'll do more of that in the coming weeks. I'm really looking forward to getting done with language and start SUT. I've had three jumps so far this year and they've all gone very good, unlike my five disasters at Airborne School (think feet, ass, head on crack). Hope everybody has been doing good and thanks for all the help and information. -Doug
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well DUG, your SITREPS (while i'm glad you submit them) still leave a lot to be desired. Please be a little more specific, and when you enter the next phase, more frequent. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Rangers,

Been away for a while and haven't had a chance to check in. Went to SUT in May and followed that up with SERE, just got back to Ft. Bragg this evening. SERE was an "experience" to say the least... I loved SUT. Best experience I've had in the Army so far. My squad was real good and we all got along with each other for the most part. My instructor and all the cadre were unreal. I learned a lot. I had three tabbed guys on my squad, so naturally that set us up for success. I start MOS on Monday, or the in-briefing anyway. Sorry about the lack of specifics and this small update, evidentally there's been some guys posting some wild shit on websites so I have to keep things short. I haven't worked out or ran consistantly in forever, can't wait to get back in shape. Being out there all summer is a long long grind for sure. Hope everybody on here is doing good and having a good summer. I'm going to eat like a madman and finally sleep in a bed! Thanks for all you do.
18Z5V
Triple Canopy

Post by 18Z5V »

congrats, keep it up!!!
RS 12-93
SFAS 06-01
SFQC 04-01
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger .,

Appreciate it. I don't know what the date is yet, but the rumor is we should finish Robin Sage right before Christmas and graduate mid January. That seems like it should be right, but I've never seen a schedule or been told anything. I'll let you know when I can nail something down though.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger .,

Damn! That would be quite an honor. I'll let you know the date as soon as I can find out, for sure.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Rangers,

Just got back from our FTX for the Echo Course. I knew pretty much nothing about radios, antennas, computers, etc. so I've learned a lot over the past 3 months or so. Without putting too much out in the open about it, we performed ambushes, raids, and recons while making commo shots in between with different radios and antennas while we were out there. I got to talk an Apache in on two opfor placing an IED on a road at night while hiding out on top of some stacked up connexes. It was pretty damn cool. We got to see different scenerios while we were out there so it was good to learn new stuff for inexperienced guys like me. Next up is getting ready for Robin Sage in a couple of weeks. Finally... I feel like I've been here forever. Hope everybody is doing good. I'll stay in touch.

Return to “Letters from School”