Gkin's 3rd SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Phantom
Ranger

Re: Gkin's 3rd SITREP

Post by Phantom »

Gkin wrote: Basic has been easy for the most part, only difficult thing for me is marching with an 75lb ruck in heat cat 5.
Yeah, right. :roll:
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Gkin wrote:I'm on my 4hr pass on week 12 of Basic, getting ready for our final FTX on wednesday. We took our last PT test yesterday and I didn't do too hot, they havn't released the scores yet but I think I only got around 270. Really need to work on my pushups during airborne hold and airborne school.

Basic has been easy for the most part, only difficult thing for me is marching with an 75lb ruck in heat cat 5. I can only imagine the road marches in RIP are 5x as hard, that's worrying me. Other than that all is well. Looking forward to get to it and finish off my training and get sent to an actual unit.

RLTW

Try running through dense jungle in 120 degree heat and 95% humidity.....with that same ruck and little fuckers with AK47's chasing you! :evil:

You had better start NOW to get your shit together with your body before it's too late....if it isn't already.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Gkin wrote:I'm on my 4hr pass on week 12 of Basic, getting ready for our final FTX on wednesday. We took our last PT test yesterday and I didn't do too hot, they havn't released the scores yet but I think I only got around 270. Really need to work on my pushups during airborne hold and airborne school.

Basic has been easy for the most part, only difficult thing for me is marching with an 75lb ruck in heat cat 5. I can only imagine the road marches in RIP are 5x as hard, that's worrying me. Other than that all is well. Looking forward to get to it and finish off my training and get sent to an actual unit.

RLTW
Okay bud, below is a weather link for historic data for Ft Benning GA From 21JAN2007 to today 22APR2007 the 2 highest recorded temperatures were 87 Degrees on 25MAR2007 and 88 Degrees on 29MAR2007. The rest of the days are pretty mild with the next closest high temp of 85 degrees.
http://www.wunderground.com/history/air ... l#calendar

Considering the manual on Heat Cat 5 says Wet Bulb Globe temp in excess of 90 Degrees, my question is, when exactly when were these heat cat 5 conditions you were so valiantly suffering through??

I guess it is possible, if you rucked either 25Mar2007 or 29Mar2007 but come on, brush the sand out of your clit and drive on. Basic training is just that, basic and this is not the appropriate site to snivel.

Sort your shit out, get through Airborne and pray you make it through RIP. If you do, come back to this site and say

"Charlie 51, kiss my ass you retarded fucktard, I got my shit biotch!!"

Until then FUCK OFF!!!! :evil: :evil:

Oh yeah and don't say RLTW until you are a fucking Ranger!!
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Already worrying about marches in RIP? Don't even try imagining how tough it is at RIP. You have never encountered anything as hard. My son said RIP was the hardest thing he had ever done until he went to Ranger School.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Slowpoke wrote:Try running through dense jungle in 120 degree heat and 95% humidity.....with that same ruck and little fuckers with AK47's chasing you! :evil:

You had better start NOW to get your shit together with your body before it's too late....if it isn't already.
Bow to your sensei Gkin. Also, I too went to basic training....at Fort Benning even! And guess what? There was no 75lb rucksack then and there isn't one now. And yes I'm still in, doing the job, so stop your fucking whining.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Can you feel the love?
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

You didn't hump a 75lbs ruck and there was no heat cat 5. Kind of makes you look like a moron right now, huh?

Quit your bitching. Graduate BCT/AIT proudly, as you will soon be an Infantryman, then go smoke BAC, then be prepared for the real suckfest.

But of course you already know that.

Don't quit!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Matador275 wrote:You didn't hump a 75lbs ruck and there was no heat cat 5. Kind of makes you look like a moron right now, huh?

Quit your bitching. Graduate BCT/AIT proudly, as you will soon be an Infantryman, then go smoke BAC, then be prepared for the real suckfest.

But of course you already know that.

Don't quit!
But, uh........Ranger, I uh.....I.....well my Drill Sergeant said......
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Gkin wrote:Ok, sorry to stir the shit up, but they had the heat cat 5 sign out...so I assumed it was actually heat cat 5.

Just finished FTX on this past Wednesday, my rucksack was damned heavy, we've got a scale in our bay and mine weighed in at 84lbs. I was the RTO with the SINCGARS radio and an extra battery in my ruck along with all the other items in the packing list. I'm not pulling numbers out of my ass or anything like that, not really one to over exaggerate if I can help.

I graduate this week, next SITREP will be after RIP.
WOW THE SINCGARS RADIO!!!!!! I really don't know how you managed to not die. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Baseplate wrote:
Gkin wrote:Ok, sorry to stir the shit up, but they had the heat cat 5 sign out...so I assumed it was actually heat cat 5.

Just finished FTX on this past Wednesday, my rucksack was damned heavy, we've got a scale in our bay and mine weighed in at 84lbs. I was the RTO with the SINCGARS radio and an extra battery in my ruck along with all the other items in the packing list. I'm not pulling numbers out of my ass or anything like that, not really one to over exaggerate if I can help.

WOW THE SINCGARS RADIO!!!!!! I really don't know how you managed to not die. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basic will seem like it was only a weekend camping trip compared to when you get to RIP. It only gets harder from there...............if you pass.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Were you still standing on the scale when you weighed it?? :lol: :lol:

Have fun at RIP kiddo. Ask the instructors there what Koalafying is. It's really cool and they will think you are highspeed if you ask.

Good luck.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Gkin,

Got your postcard the other day. Thanks for the report. You'll have much heavier rucks than 84 lbs when you get to Bat. It's no big deal, though. You'll get used to it. Embrace the suck. Keep up the good work.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Letters from School”