RASP additional service commitment? (moved from Mosh Pit)

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: RASP additional service commitment? (moved from Mosh Pit

Post by Steadfast »

jacksoncarter wrote:Rangers,
I was wondering if upon finishing RASP, a soldier would incur an additional service commitment? I know Special Forces soldiers incur a 36 month ADSO upon completing the Q course. And if so, does the commitment run concurrently with an existing ADSO?
Thank you for your service.
Mr. Carter,
It is site SOP (standard operating procedure) for ALL new posters to make an introduction as their first post. I would guess that in your enthusiasm you were blinded by your post/urge to have your question(s) answered & weren't able to think of our FAQ's or SOP.

Tell us about yourself as we do not care to speak to strangers. Actually we do but you may not like the reception you get.

One other important item is I hope you are not using your real name because you have told the world - as any member of this site on active duty (or intending to enlist) may not use their real name.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

if you are enlisting to go to RASP, you'll sign a contract generally for 4 yrs, XX weeks. that's how it used to be. basically, you signed for 4 years plus the initial entry training period, covering OSUT/ basic/AIT. things may have changed, so a recruiter will be able to tell you best.

and I've never seen any ADSOs that didn't run concurrently.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
DougS90
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by DougS90 »

Ranger KW Driver, I can confirm that is what my current contract (11x opt 40) says. 4 yrs plus entry training period. This is what was at MEPS as of July 18.
11X Option 40 Shipdate 20120206
Cayo
Ranger

Post by Cayo »

DougS90 wrote:Ranger KW Driver, I can confirm that is what my current contract (11x opt 40) says. 4 yrs plus entry training period. This is what was at MEPS as of July 18.
Congrats on sharing what your contract is. That however, does not mean that there is a 36 month commitment chalked on to the end of it. I had a three year contract. whoopty doo.

For JacksonCarter. First off, the additional time in service requirement for completion of the Q course is 24 months for enlisted, and 30 months for officers. Make sure you "know" something for sure before you go around and throw info around like it is a fact. That is exactly how misinformation gets spread and people come here with the questions that you have. They have seen different answers in different places from people posting information ignorantly.

You are expected to serve a minimum of 36 months after your initial entry into regiment. You are allowed to attend selection courses to go somewhere else during that time but generally speaking, you will not be allowed to leave until your 3 years are up. If you only have a 3 year contract and complete RASP, they are not going to force you to extend your contract to serve in regiment, it is up to you.
RASP 04-11
RS 03-12
<2>

Return to “About RASP”