Prepping tips for the RIP road march(es)

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

meneroth wrote:I'm going to ask a very ignorant question, what is this "pig" that you guys are referring to carrying?

Uhhhhhh, your Mother!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Scoty
Ranger

Post by Scoty »

RRDTm3 wrote:
meneroth wrote:I'm going to ask a very ignorant question, what is this "pig" that you guys are referring to carrying?

Uhhhhhh, your Mother!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

RRDTm3 wrote:

Uhhhhhh, your Mother!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Ranger snaplink
Ranger

Post by Ranger snaplink »

Don't listen to these guy's. They're are big meanies. The Pig is your sister and we have all used her :shock:
When they kick at your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun-The Clash

1/75 Aco 2-1 '00-'02
HHC '02-'03
OEF I
OIF I
5/19 SFG
Jason113
US Army Veteran

Post by Jason113 »

meneroth wrote:I'm going to ask a very ignorant question, what is this "pig" that you guys are referring to carrying? I feel like I should know what it is, but for some odd reason I have no idea.

sorry for my stupidity

:twisted:
11-M,B co. 3/15 Inf.
24th I.D. 90-91
Formerly the_machine
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Goog wrote:No socks at all and vaseline your feet. Laugh but the shit works. Some 1st batt fag did it in Pre-RGR. I just went no socks all the time and of Course "drank Milk". It makes the body good you know.
Ditto. One of the 3rd PLT Squad leaders taught me this at a very young age in BN. No socks. Yeah, it sucks the first few times, but then you NEVER get a blister again. Feet as tough as rocks. Thanks R. Merrit!

Bottom line (which has been stated before in this thread), A road march is a gut check. Never quit.

We were doing a standard 12 mile road march one day, I was walking the line checking on the platoon, and this one Ranger was not doing too good. I asked him "Ranger, what's your problem?" He replied, "Sarnt, I can't feel my feet". My reply to him, "Quit bragging, mine are fucking killing me". He never said another word and kept walking.

You see, in a gut check situation, You need to feed off of the weak. Look at the Hooahs around you. See who is sucking and think to yourself.... Shit, I'm not sucking that bad. When you see someone falling out, take his energy (in your mind) and use it.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

RRDTm3 wrote:

Uhhhhhh, your Mother!
We have to tell the guy the truth:

The "Pig" is a pig, carried by one or more RIPpies during the Rod March. At the end of the march, The "Pig" is butchered and BBQ'd for the RIPpies to consume.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

DixieRat wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:

Uhhhhhh, your Mother!

The "Pig" is a pig, carried by one or more RIPpies during the Rod March. At the end of the march, The "Pig" is butchered and BBQ'd for the RIPpies to consume.
they let you cook it? We had to eat ours raw... :shock: :shock: :shock:
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

DixieRat wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:

Uhhhhhh, your Mother!

BBQ'ed it, what the hell for?

We fucked ours raw! :roll:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
AcoG275
Embryo

Post by AcoG275 »

Honestly, the 8 mile road march was the worst one i ever did in just the 2 years i spent with the regiment...This was honestly the only time i literally wanted to die, not quit but just fucking fall down and die a miserable death :shock:

Road marches off course are meant to be "WALKED" not fucking run as fast as possible with 65lbs of shit on your back.....

8miles in around 1 hour and 18 minutes.....I literally thought i was floating when i took my ruck off after it was over...lol...
Banned - Admin Concensus

20 JUN 2007
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:Try and keep the weight as close to the standard as possible, no more than 5 LBS over, without water. If you use too much, thinking you are a hard-ass, you will more than likely fall out as a heat casualty, and in the end look like a dumb ass for not paying attention to deatail. You wanna roll the dice? Be my guest, but remember this is possibly the easiest road march you will do while in the Regiment. If you are a Medic, FTO, Mortars, or 240 crew, that is definitely the case. Your rucks will never be this light again. Enjoy it. You just have to finish, you can heal later.

Stay hydrated! Stay hydrated! Stay hydrated! Stay hydrated! Stay hydrated!.... Everyone has different fluid tolerances, but if are pissing clear you are well hydrated. During regular activity in the Georgia heat everyone is dehydrated to some degree. I don't know if they are issuing camelbaks now during OSUT/Airborne/RIP, but we didn't get em until we reached Batt. Either way you want to drink before you get thirsty, if possible. Whatever you do don't chug, sip all the time. I use to tell the Hooahs , if you aren't talking you shoud be sipping water. The body can only absorb about 1/4 to 1/2 cup every 15 minutes. Any more is too much and you will piss or sweat away your electrolytes. If this happens, you will die!
Wow. It sounds like you dragged a stupid 240 gunner off the road near Fryer Field before or something.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

DRINK WATER
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

RRDTm3 wrote:DRINK WATER
But no more than a quart an hour. Sucking down a whole Camelbak inside of an hour, then refilling it with your canteens and doing it again is a bad idea, for the reasons that Doc already said.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

EvilCouch wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:DRINK WATER
But no more than a quart an hour. Sucking down a whole Camelbak inside of an hour, then refilling it with your canteens and doing it again is a bad idea, for the reasons that Doc already said.
And put a Pebble in your mouth!
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current

Return to “About RASP”