Am I eligible for an option 40 contract?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Rabidus1
Embryo

Am I eligible for an option 40 contract?

Post by Rabidus1 »

Rangers/Recruiters,

I have been waiting for my second waiver to enlist into the MDNG as an 11B in the LRSD here in MD. I have already been cleared by the state but I am still waiting for the waiver up at NGB. I have spoken to an active Army recruiter and he said he could enlist me immediatley. I have already gone to MEPS to re-new my physical and ASVAB, but I have not spoken to liaison or signed any contracts due to this NGB waiver.

I read the sticky pertaining to Prior-Service looking for option40 by SFC Hit_it, but I have a question pertaining to my situation and current standing.

In the sticky, it says by definition, Prior-Service is someone who have been trained in an MOS...I am non-gloss. Prior-Service with an Honorable Discharge but with an RE:3. The only thing is that I have not been trained in an MOS. I completed BCT, but never completed AIT at Ft. Gordon due to my family hardship separation.

With all of that been said, am I eligible for an option40 contract? Are there any recruiters on here that are willing to help me out? Thanks, any help greatly appreciated.
Moving on to bigger and better things...
Goals in sight, ready to execute!...

Return to “Recruitment Process”