My knees hurt after every run...

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: My knees hurt after every run...

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Of course no one here with Ranger in their title has any experience in dealing with aches and pains associated with training.:roll:
Here is the same information in a running article:
Runner's knee or patellofemoral pain syndrome can strike a new runner or it can nag a runner with years of running history. Misalignment of the foot and leg results in knee pain. Wearing the wrong running shoes can contribute to or cause runner's knee while wearing the right running shoes can alleviate it. Fortunately runner's knee is seldom a serious injury and it can be overcome.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/21124 ... z1K7Qh2FZC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Green Viper wrote:
colt1rgr wrote:

What "X" said. Seriously, thats almost tooooo @#$%ing stupid to comment on. What are ya shooting for cripple? Get some darn running shoes and have someone who knows what they are doing determine for you if you pronate, supinate or run like a monkey and buy appropriate shoes to support this. Ya have to be smart to be a Ranger, so far you are a "No GO" at this station. Knock out 25 good ones and drive on. All the best Stud! :wink:
Look I can understand my knees hurting from just running. I still don't get what my shoes have to do with my knees...
1st, Ranger X told you to do push ups. Did you?

2nd, who the fuck are you addressing here? Do push ups.

3rd. There's a saying that there's two kinds of Rangers smart Rangers and strong Rangers. Guess which kind you're being?

"life's hard. It's harder when you're stupid."

Quit being stupid.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Green Viper
Embryo

Post by Green Viper »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Of course no one here with Ranger in their title has any experience in dealing with aches and pains associated with training.:roll:
Here is the same information in a running article:
Runner's knee or patellofemoral pain syndrome can strike a new runner or it can nag a runner with years of running history. Misalignment of the foot and leg results in knee pain. Wearing the wrong running shoes can contribute to or cause runner's knee while wearing the right running shoes can alleviate it. Fortunately runner's knee is seldom a serious injury and it can be overcome.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/21124 ... z1K7Qh2FZC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, Ranger Flesh thorn.
KW Driver wrote:
Green Viper wrote:
colt1rgr wrote:

What "X" said. Seriously, thats almost tooooo @#$%ing stupid to comment on. What are ya shooting for cripple? Get some darn running shoes and have someone who knows what they are doing determine for you if you pronate, supinate or run like a monkey and buy appropriate shoes to support this. Ya have to be smart to be a Ranger, so far you are a "No GO" at this station. Knock out 25 good ones and drive on. All the best Stud! :wink:
Look I can understand my knees hurting from just running. I still don't get what my shoes have to do with my knees...
1st, Ranger X told you to do push ups. Did you?

2nd, who the fuck are you addressing here? Do push ups.

3rd. There's a saying that there's two kinds of Rangers smart Rangers and strong Rangers. Guess which kind you're being?

"life's hard. It's harder when you're stupid."

Quit being stupid.
Yes Ranger KW Driver I did do 25. I was not specifically talking to just Ranger X If I was I would have just addressed him. I was talking to all Rangers. I was looking for some explanation. Ranger Flesh Thorn gave me that. Thank you.
Don't let those bastards bring you down...
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Then your response should have been:

"Rangers,

Blah, blah blah...."

Do my push ups? Seeing a pattern here?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

All of us who have been courteous enough here to address your initial question HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT! You on the other hand need permission to leave Momma's side. That being said and your obvious failure to grasp Ranger wisdom I have only one thing to say to you......

"NAVY.........It's not just a job, it's an adventure"

Good luck with that!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

I am going to respond, knowing full well that at a minimum KW is going to flame me again. But I just can't resist because there are a few burning questions- so to speak;
  • First, to seek the help from this group it must be a requirement to occasionally have the Pledge ask nonsensical questions which can;

A: Either be answered with a simple Google search (e.g. "running shoes" "knees")
    B: Solved as a matter of basic common sense. That way Rangers have the opportunity to verbally berate the Pledge to mentally toughen him up and produce the absolute hilarity present in these responses. Tell me I am wrong...oh and if there are no professional comedy writers in this group, you should really consider a career change. Or at least moonlight to supplement your income. Because it would really be a shame to waste such wit.

By the way, I was having a bad day but have since locked my office door. Mostly because I am laughing so hard I cant stop crying.

The "Pledge" gets extra points for coming back and re-asking questions which have already been answered. That way the abuse and comedy gets stepped up a notch?
Just askin, because I am just curious and zoomies are a little dense. :?
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of C-MAC wrote:

By the way, I was having a bad day but have since locked my office door. Mostly because I am laughing so hard I cant stop crying.

The "Pledge" gets extra points for coming back and re-asking questions which have already been answered. That way the abuse and comedy gets stepped up a notch? [/list]

Just askin, because I am just curious and zoomies are a little dense. :?
We at one time did have a lot of fun but that stopped (to occassional) 4, 5 years ago. But after seeing if happen a thousand times it is not funny anymore.

There comes a point an individual is declared untrainable and we move on. Right now KW Driver (& other Rangers) is/are doing a splendid job & seems to be getting through.

We have no quotas to fulfill here. Rangers Lead The Way & drive on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Steadfast wrote: Right now KW Driver (& other Rangers) is/are doing a splendid job & seems to be getting through.

We have no quotas to fulfill here. Rangers Lead The Way & drive on.
Amen and I meant no disrespect.

There is a significant amount one can learn from every aspect of what happens around here and a valuable lesson exists, even in the comedy. I have been around long enough to realize that.

I was rather badly expressing my appreciation for that positive, persevering, unrelenting, driven attitude.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

more wisdom..

http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html

Ignore it at your own peril

but if its other problems you want,

Here you go:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004438/

If you don't believe anyone here, go ask the running coach at you high school if he thinks jogging in Chuck Taylors is a good idea.
Come on back and let us know what he says...
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of C-MAC wrote:
Amen and I meant no disrespect.
I never viewed it that way C-MAC.

Carry on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID