My knees hurt after every run...

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Green Viper
Embryo

Post by Green Viper »

My knees hurt after every run (really sharp pains towards the inside). I get over the pain and continue to run and do what ever but I am just wondering why and what can I do to help stop and fix it. I am only 16.
Don't let those bastards bring you down...
antmcg79
Ranger

Post by antmcg79 »

You might need to just stretch your hams more. I has the same problem for like 10 years, except my pain was centralized on my ACL or whatever that thing that holds your knee cap is called. Turns out my quads and shin muscles were stronger and more flexible than my calves.
I started focusing my stretching pm those muscles, and it went away.
Everyone's different, but I hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Vets need other Vets; Just as much as Alcoholics need Booze. Sometimes they need the Booze as well."

Class 10/02 -- "Mountains so much fun, decided to do it twice."
1-508 Recon 98-00
2-3 INF Recon 00-01
Eco51st LRS 01-03
2-22 Inf (Recon PLT) 04-06
RSLC Instructor 07-08
Fishboy
Ranger

Re: My knees hurt after every run...

Post by Fishboy »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Try running on your feet............... :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Green Viper
Embryo

Post by Green Viper »

Ranger Richard I run in Converse all-stars so not the best of running shoes. I don't have any running shoes just my converse.

Ranger Zonk thanks next time I will try to run on my feet. I didn't quite think of that yet.

Ranger antmcg79 I will try stretching my calfs out more before I run next time hope it works.

Thanks for the help and advise guys.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Green Viper wrote:Ranger Richard I run in Converse all-stars so not the best of running shoes. I don't have any running shoes just my converse.
So question.....did you have to wear a helmet when you rode the short bus?!?

you would do less damage by running barefoot. Seriously, stop running in these immediately. It is probably worse than not running at all.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

RangerX wrote:
Green Viper wrote:Ranger Richard I run in Converse all-stars so not the best of running shoes. I don't have any running shoes just my converse.

you would do less damage by running barefoot. Seriously, stop running in these immediately. It is probably worse than not running at all.

What "X" said. Seriously, thats almost tooooo @#$%ing stupid to comment on. What are ya shooting for cripple? Get some darn running shoes and have someone who knows what they are doing determine for you if you pronate, supinate or run like a monkey and buy appropriate shoes to support this. Ya have to be smart to be a Ranger, so far you are a "No GO" at this station. Knock out 25 good ones and drive on. All the best Stud! :wink:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Green Viper wrote:Ranger Richard

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He just called you a dick.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Green Viper
Embryo

Post by Green Viper »

Well I run fine in the shoes they don't bother me, but how could they really be hurting my knees? (looks like I'm not running till next paycheck...)
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Green Viper wrote:Well I run fine in the shoes they don't bother me, but how could they really be hurting my knees? (looks like I'm not running till next paycheck...)

You are fucking fired if you can't figure this one out
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Green Viper
Embryo

Post by Green Viper »

Baseplate wrote:
Green Viper wrote:Well I run fine in the shoes they don't bother me, but how could they really be hurting my knees? (looks like I'm not running till next paycheck...)

You are fucking fired if you can't figure this one out
Ranger Baseplate, I just honestly don't see how it would hurt me. I could see it hurting my feet but not my knees.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I once broke a bone in my wrist from punching someone. I can't figure out how it happened Why didn't I break my hand?
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Green Viper
Embryo

Post by Green Viper »

colt1rgr wrote:
RangerX wrote:

What "X" said. Seriously, thats almost tooooo @#$%ing stupid to comment on. What are ya shooting for cripple? Get some darn running shoes and have someone who knows what they are doing determine for you if you pronate, supinate or run like a monkey and buy appropriate shoes to support this. Ya have to be smart to be a Ranger, so far you are a "No GO" at this station. Knock out 25 good ones and drive on. All the best Stud! :wink:
Look I can understand my knees hurting from just running. I still don't get what my shoes have to do with my knees...

Return to “About Army Physical Training”