Kettle Bells

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
RafterMan
Tadpole

Kettle Bells

Post by RafterMan »

This summer i've planned to go head on into a PT schedule, and start working hard towards my goal. I've wasted enough time already, now i've only got about 2 years before i enlist so i wanted to do all that i can to get into great physical shape.

I've been reading alot about Kettle Bell lifting and i was wondering if it's worth giving a try. Have any Rangers, DEP's, or anyone else on this board used them? If so, are they all that they're hyped up to be? Here's a site if nobody knows what i'm talking about:

http://www.russiankettlebells.com

Thanks.
SkyRaider

Post by SkyRaider »

You want to get into great shape. Here are some ideas. 3 mile run on MWF. You are going to sprint 1/4 mile and jog the next 1/4 mile, sprint 1/4 mile and jog the next 1/4 mile for 3 miles. On Tues and Thurs you will ruck 6 miles at a 12 min per mile ith a minimum of 50lbs.

Push ups will be down on MWF doing what is called 21 down. 21 pushups, rest for 30 seconds, 20 pushups rest for 30 seconds, 19 pushups etc. until you get to & and which poiunt you will rest only in the pushup rest position and not on your knees and do 7, 6, 5, 4 pu's etc.

Abs are to be done M-F and I would stress Crunches minumum of 200 per day.

Pull-ups with a goal of 12 minimum.

Always stretch and warm the muscles with a few cardio exercises. It is important to stretch after you exercise as well and drink a minimum of 1 gallon (yes 1 gallon of water) per day.

Remember when you are in pain that pain is nothing more than weakness leaving your body. Each time it hurts your only getting stronger. Don't cheat yourself, because others are relying on you. Your mind may being saying quit, but it's what your heart wants that matters.
Birdman23
Egg

Post by Birdman23 »

Rafterman, I was just browsing through and I saw that you mentioned kettlebells. I went ahead and purchased one a couple months ago after reading all the praise they receive on specialtactics.com, and I am certainly glad I did so. I feel it has been an excellent tool to supplement my workouts. After a few weeks I noticed a drastic improvement in my core strenght areas, as well as my endurance. The workouts leave you very spent, and I enjoy them much more because they are more challenging than the typical PT workouts, and are certainly a break from the routine. I have begun to rotate 2 weeks of kettlebell training, and 2 weeks of cals, and so far so good. I hate to sound like a kettlebell sales rep, but you asked! So if you have about $135 to spare, I'd recommend picking up the 35lb, and Nate or Pavel's video. (I found Pavel's on ebay for $20, as opposed to the $40 on dragondoor) Hope this helps.
USAF TACP, 122 ASOS
JTAC ISO 2-503 173rd ABCT OEFVIII
Oreo
Tadpole

Post by Oreo »

Birdman,please follow the rules and post an introduction in the DEPs/Newts section of the forum.
http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=35
628th MI Bn,28th ID(M): June 03-Jan05
Bco 447th Signal Bn Nov 06-Jan 08
A Co WTB(Ft. Gordon) Jan-April 08
"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is saying, 'Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?'"
-General George S. Patton
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Negative - he's an Airman First Class in the ANG, and should post an intro where current service members and veterans do.
Birdman23
Egg

Post by Birdman23 »

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to intrude. I was just browsing through and wanted to send some feedback to Rafterman since he inquired about KB's.
I'm heading back into the shadows to lurk.
USAF TACP, 122 ASOS
JTAC ISO 2-503 173rd ABCT OEFVIII

Return to “About Army Physical Training”