Worried about Road Marchs

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
steven1234
Embryo

Worried about Road Marchs

Post by steven1234 »

I ship in one week. So i relize that i have no time to really train.I'm wondering if there is anything i can do while in OSUT/BAC that can help with road marching. Knee benders, squat thrusts, calf raises maybe? Any help would be much apreciated. My recruiter told me its all just a mind game but... I still worry.

Pt scores
pushups-68
sit-ups-74
2mi run-13:03

I have used the search button.

I have a feeling that im about to get shitted on by the Rangers...
shipdate 20080207
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Yes, go to your local Dollar store and buy a "Shitload" of intestinal fortitude. Its almost like drinking cans of "Liquid Whoopass". After you assimilate that, nothing will be impossible.

Try a few and then go tell your recruiter he is a puss, when he bows up, guzzle one and put the smack down on him.
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Stock up on Kotex and Tampax...IF you make it to RIP....Your pussy will be free flowing....

Best of luck to you Sally.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I will interpret what the other Rangers have said: Just settle down. At this point, shipping in a week, there is nothing you can do to further prepare physically. You PT scores are pretty good. Road marches will not be a problem for you. Just do the best you can do every time you have PT, and then do better each time. Spend your spare time preparing for the next day and squaring away your gear and uniform so set the example, and do what your drill sergeants say without worrying about why. In the few days before you ship, study the Ranger Creed and reflect on what those words mean.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Ranger Bill wrote:I will interpret what the other Rangers have said: Just settle down. At this point, shipping in a week, there is nothing you can do to further prepare physically. You PT scores are pretty good. Road marches will not be a problem for you. Just do the best you can do every time you have PT, and then do better each time. Spend your spare time preparing for the next day and squaring away your gear and uniform so set the example, and do what your drill sergeants say without worrying about why. In the few days before you ship, study the Ranger Creed and reflect on what those words mean.
Ranger Bill, as usual, you got it right.....That's exactly what I was trying to say....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
steven1234
Embryo

Post by steven1234 »

Thank you Rangers

-quitting is not an option.
shipdate 20080207
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Road marching is one part of Rangering. Like all other aspects of your training, apply the Ranger creed to it.

I won't lie to you, road marching is tough. Tough on your feet, your legs, lower back. Hell, it's pretty tough on everything.

This never happened to me, but I have personally marched beside Rangers (and I'm sure others here have seen this) on road marches with much red blood flowing freely out of the little vent/eyelet thingies on the bottom sides of their jungle boots with 10 or so more miles to go.

Guess what? They never quit. More important, I never even heard them bitch!

They did what they had to do and did what was required of them that day.

And that is why they are Rangers and made it to a Ranger Batt. in the first place. They didn't let a little thing like pain or discomfort stop them.

I'll give you a little tip. Ponder on this.....
If what you are doing sucks for you, it is sucking for everyone else there with you. So what are you going to do with all of your training? Quit? Or man up and drive on to your objective? The choice is up to you.

More important, there is not a Ranger on this forum (or anywhere else for that matter) out there who hasn't done what you will be doing in training. We've all done it.

I say again, the reason these men I know are Rangers today, is because they took to heart the statement 'never, never quit.'
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Rucking/road marching is just a gut check. It will suck regardless of your condition. Don't let it beat you.
Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and don't worry about how far there is to go. Brain goes in neutral, gut check into overtime.
It's one step at a time. Literally.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Just accept the fact that you are going to lose toenails....

(and that they'll never grow back quite right)
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

JohnDowland wrote:Just accept the fact that you are going to lose toenails....

(and that they'll never grow back quite right)
How very true. It's been 12 years since RIP and I still have a toe that's all fucked up.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

The Army's put a couple of kids through basic in it's time. Just don't quit and you'll be OK.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03

Return to “About Army Physical Training”