Question on my pre-army workout.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Question on my pre-army workout.

Post by Ranger Bill »

sparan025_cordova wrote:Remember, A fast runner is a live one! Work on 7:30 for your time for each
mile!

Any suggestions would help
One suggestion is that two miles at 7:30 each is not going to get you below the 12 minutes that you need.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Another suggestion would be to go back to your intro thread and follow Ranger Steadfast's instructions before you post again.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Rabidus1
Embryo

Post by Rabidus1 »

When I was in basic, the DS would have us all at "toe to the line" formation around kill zone in front of our bunks and smoke us at the front leaning rest position "push up position" with our legs elevated onto the front rails of our bunks! That really built upper body strength. Also, either at the same time of having legs elevated, or just in the regular front leaning rest position, use bricks or something to elevate your self off the ground. We used ammo cans, this also helps a great deal in building upper body strength. Hope this helps!!
Moving on to bigger and better things...
Goals in sight, ready to execute!...
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Rabidus1 wrote:When I was in basic, the DS would have us all at "toe to the line" formation around kill zone in front of our bunks and smoke us at the front leaning rest position "push up position" with our legs elevated onto the front rails of our bunks! That really built upper body strength. Also, either at the same time of having legs elevated, or just in the regular front leaning rest position, use bricks or something to elevate your self off the ground. We used ammo cans, this also helps a great deal in building upper body strength. Hope this helps!!
Dude if you only knew how gay this sounds. Plus your sig line includes your basic training platoon, equally gay. And this post is almost a month old. At least you're not quoting "Rock of the Marne" any more.

Listen, this young man asked RANGERS to evaluate his PT. So unless you have koalafied for 30 minutes from a fucking sapling in front of the RIP compund I really don't think you will have any great advice to give. Nor do I think your basic training exploits have given you proper context for dispensing such information. So pretty please, with sugar on top, shut the fuck up cause you're starting to get on my nerves.

Since this knob gobbler resurected this post I might as well chime in:

Corky (that is a fucked up screen name cause all I can think of when I look at it is that retarded kid from the TV show). Before you post another post you must always remember to capitalize the word "Ranger". It is a general sign of respect and the proper way to address the vetted members of this forum.

As for your PT, it looks like some crazy shit. Did Justin Weiz come up with this shit or what? looks a little too Hollywood to me. The runs are pathetic and the upper and lower body shit is beyond what you will need. If you can do 82 pushups in 2 min 92 situps in 2 min and run the 2 mile in 11:56 or less plus 10 pullups, you will be considered a stud. 300 is max, going above does not score any extra points. Your long run needs to be 5 or more miles and you should be able to accomplish this in 35 minutes or less. The standard will be 40.

This is the longest post I will ever write to you unless you fuck up and force me to go on a tirade. So don't fuck up.

Now go run.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

I agree with Charlie51....RUN RUN AND RUN!!!!

Good luck. Don't worry about 2 miles.

Run 6 for your short and 8-9 for your long.

Alternate every other day.

And do push ups and flutter kicks (3 sets of 50 ea.) before and after each workout.

Good luck.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

That workout looks alot like this one here.... I spent a bunch of money on a book instead of honing the Google-Fu

I'm a fan of Crossfit and Gym Jones

These, mixed with conventional strength training, endurance and speed drills will have you going in no time.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Charlie 51 wrote:
Rabidus1 wrote:When I was in basic, the DS would have us all at "toe to the line" formation around kill zone in front of our bunks and smoke us at the front leaning rest position "push up position" with our legs elevated onto the front rails of our bunks! That really built upper body strength. Also, either at the same time of having legs elevated, or just in the regular front leaning rest position, use bricks or something to elevate your self off the ground. We used ammo cans, this also helps a great deal in building upper body strength. Hope this helps!!
Dude if you only knew how gay this sounds. Plus your sig line includes your basic training platoon, equally gay. And this post is almost a month old. At least you're not quoting "Rock of the Marne" any more.
COCK OF THE MAAAAAARNE!!!

Return to “About Army Physical Training”