Remembering Sgt William Aaron Barr

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Robert K. Barr
Veteran/ Ranger Parent

Remembering Sgt William Aaron Barr

Post by Robert K. Barr »

Sgt Barr was killed as a result of a hit and run accident in Macon Ga on August 21, 2011 only two months after his ETS. I am seeking those who may have served with him during his four years in 1/75 and memories/photos of his service. Aaron was my only son and did not talk about his work other than to say what a courageous and great group of guys he worked with.
If you can provided me with stories, memories or pictures of Sgt William Aaron Barr, his father and his family would greatly appreciated it. I can be reached at robertbarr1952@gmail.com. Many thanks to all the men who worked with him in the most dangerous job in the world. May God bless and keep you all. RLTW
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Remembering Sgt William Aaron Barr

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

I am sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Would you please give us the date of his passing; August 21, 2011 must be a miss-type.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Rest In Peace
~S~

SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Warchief
Ranger

Post by Warchief »

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. God Bless you and your son for his service to our nation. RIP
Ranger Class 10-82
ODAs 236, 233, 232/065, 10th SFGA
ODAs 545, 565, 5th SFGA
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I cannot imagine your grief. I hope you make some friends here.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

Mr. Barr, I learned of Aaron's passing only a few months ago and was deeply saddened by the news. I went through RIP with Aaron and we were stationed together at 1/75, however it was in separate companies so I didn't get to know him very well. What I did know of Aaron was that he was an extremely intelligent and driven young man, who could be tough as nails when need be (I learned first hand in the dirt pit at Cole Range when he nearly ripped my arm off). I'm very sorry for your loss and hope that you can find some comfort in knowing what a great warrior and outstanding young man you raised and the gratitude this country owes to Aaron.

He is missed.

RLTW
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
Robert K. Barr
Veteran/ Ranger Parent

Post by Robert K. Barr »

Aaron (Sgt Barr) was leaving my apartment in Macon, on Sat. August 21, 2010, two months after his release from Active Duty, to ride his motorcycle to a cycle shop and look for a new helmet. He wanted a black one that he could post his unit decal on, and the name of one of his closest friends and fellow Ranger, "Sgt Justin Allen". Aaron had been upset at losing his Ranger buddy, so soon after returning to the states in June. He wanted to post that Memorial on his helmet.
A man, Aaron may have tried to pass along a double ramp and from the right, swerved at him and according to one witness hit him, forcing him pass the lane, the shoulder and into the end of a guard rail along the entry ramp of the freeway.
He died almost instantly. I am very grateful to "Frederick" who jumped out of another vehicle, ran over to Aaron, and held his hand as he died. One tear fell from Aaron's eye. I'd like to think it was for his DAD who he knew would be crushed. It was only with me, that he felt he could shed a tear and let his heart be known. To God first, and to his father. I miss him, sorrow for the times I will not see him here again. But I do not grieve for I will see him again. God's realm is Aaron's battlefield now. His Ranger buddies who have fallen are with him there carrying on the fight. RLTW
I want you all to know, a year is almost by. No one has come forward. The Driver of the other vehicle ran. The Sheriff's department will not continue their investigation nor a search for the vehicle.
I am not bitter. I am not angry, that was taken from me only through much prayer and faith.
I do want my son remembered by His country as a warrior, by his friends a faithful friend, and by his Ranger Brothers, a faithful, tough and brave warrior who cared most about those with him and finally by his family: he was faithful to God, and to each of us.
May God keep you all, brave warriors, brothers in the fight.

Robert
254140_156622347740926_100001794848837_336949_5893202_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Mr. Barr, I only met and spent a few short hours with Aaron at the Ranch a year ago last May. It was obvious however that he lived the Ranger Creed and was a warrior that all of us would want at our back. I think it is certainly to your credit that he grew up with Ranger spirit in his heart. I continue to keep you in my prayers.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Post Service Issues”