VA does it again.

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Re: VA does it again.

Post by Silverback »

I got a VA loan while I was in Iraq...not sure what your particular situation is, but it has been done.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Long time since I used my VA house buying benefits...

Perhaps get a realtor ( non USAA) and find the house your interested in. Make an offer with your loan being VA and see what happens.

Also, that VA loan is not exactly the best thing rolling out there. Guaranteed, yes to a certain amount. But if your making typical contract dollars your going to be able to do better and probably get approved for more with a conventional.

Keep in mind, if your not looking in an area that is military heavy, that most folks don't like the VA loan because it is weighted in your favor.

All that bullshit aside, its a buyers market out here brother, don't get frustrated, consider all your loan options and get what you want.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Hung Low wrote:Oh yeah, and get this. I called VA here in NC and told them what the VA rep at USAA's decision was. Now this rep doesn't actually work for VA, he is just the bank's liaison. She said that she's never heard of such a thing and that "that guy must be crazy." She then said that in spite of this, VA's gonna back his decision. W-T-F?
OK, here's the bare bones truth as I know it. A VA loan guarantee is issued by VA, not some asshole sitting at a loan company calling himself a "VA Rep". You can receive your VA certificate of guarantee without having an approved loan.

The problem appears to be with USAA not the Veteran's Administration.

Quit messing with USAA and find another lender!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Hung Low wrote:
Silverback wrote:I got a VA loan while I was in Iraq...not sure what your particular situation is, but it has been done.
Not married, no kids, little overhead. White guy w/white collar salary and good credit. VA rep at USAA says they can't approve because its considered a secondary house due to my deployment. Its THAT simple.
THAT is ridiculous and incorrect. Get with a different bank and have them straighten it out. Though I am a big USAA fan, they have been known to be fucked up or overpriced on occasion.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Nevermind. Should have checked the date on the thread. Congrats!

Return to “Post Service Issues”