82nd VS 173rd Abn

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Italy - good choice to get exposed to a different culture at a young age. :wink:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I would have picked Italy also. The 173rd and the 82nd both have equally great history. The 82nd is just older than the 173rd. Fuck your recruiter. Niether one will get you into regiment quicker.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Ranger Silverback can give you a more current answer, but the 82nd was the worse unit I was ever in. I think being at Ft. Bragg with XVII Abn. Corps Headquarters had something to do with it. Everybody was more worried about LOOKING like they were good rather than actually BEING good.

While my opinion of the 173rd may be a little biased, they have a great history of getting the job done wherever they've been sent. And they've been sent a lot.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Go to Italy. Get to see things that you might not see on your own. Just take advantage of the time there and don't sit on your ass on post.

Ranger2
pzpos360

Post by pzpos360 »

I wouldn't really say you get stuck at the 82nd, but if you become jumpmaster qualified you will definitely find your way back there! I know the 173rd has a great deal of history but before it was renamed the 173rd it was a slice of the 325th. So essentially it was part of the 82nd except in Italy. So basically what I am trying to say is go to Italy.
RgrHunter
Ranger

What?

Post by RgrHunter »

The question shouldn't be wheather 82 or 173rd, but rather Ft. Lewis, Benning or Savannah.

Since your already stuck in a contract, your going to have to suck it up. I think from your choices, Italy is the sexiest but the 82nd has more ex-Rangers. Remember, in Airborne the Ranger liason will come to talk to you (keep your eyes and ears open...) and they can change your contract. If you don't pass RIP, you'll probably get sent to Italy anyway.

Hunter sends
Rgr Hunter
Bco/HHC 1/75-'97-'03
Random Intensity
RLTW
Jim Jones
Ranger

Post by Jim Jones »

If i hadn't come to 2nd, i would've gone Italy if i could. And if you drop/get dropped from RIP, you don't automatically go to an airborne unit, you go where the army needs you. Last batch of worldwides while i was still there went to Alaska.
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. It's too bad he has never cried.
RIP class- 10-04
RS class- 05-06
B Co 2/75 Nov04-Present
debby
Egg

Post by debby »

look all of those leg units suck. roger if you get regament then you will be so high speed. it is pretty hard at first but once you learn your job it is pretty easy. it is cool as heck, and your not going to get shot up if you deploy. roger
aco 1/75, rip class grad 240504, mos 13f
Bell

Post by Bell »

Little debbie darling, you will go to introductions and do so. Now.

RLTW
Bell
csforstall
Tadpole

Post by csforstall »

debby PM indound
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

debby wrote:look all of those leg units suck. roger if you get regament then you will be so high speed. it is pretty hard at first but once you learn your job it is pretty easy. it is cool as heck, and your not going to get shot up if you deploy. roger

Are they letting people in Batt with 3rd grade educations now? :roll:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Bell

Post by Bell »

His Ranger School Class number is all wrong. I think he's some dumbshit having fun.

RLTW
Bell
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

debby wrote:look all of those leg units suck. roger if you get regament then you will be so high speed. it is pretty hard at first but once you learn your job it is pretty easy. it is cool as heck, and your not going to get shot up if you deploy. roger
Who the fuck are you asswipe "once you learn your job it is pretty easy"? You obviously don't know jack shit and I know you're not a Ranger just by the comment about "you will be so high speed". You better post an intro numbfuck or I'll suck your friggin brain dry and puke it up for you to lap it up like the toxic waste scum you are. :evil: :evil:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “About Airborne School”