Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
w108ajo
Embryo

Post by w108ajo »

deleted
Last edited by w108ajo on February 24th, 2008, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

You need to post an introduction in the proper forum BEFORE asking questions!

We all have this thing about knowing to whom we are speaking.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Strike 1 - History of quitting.
Strike 2 - Failure to follow instructions.

Next pitch is across the plate, bubba.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
w108ajo
Embryo

Post by w108ajo »

deleted
Last edited by w108ajo on February 24th, 2008, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w108ajo
Embryo

Post by w108ajo »

and for the record, that has been the biggest mistake/regrey/f**K up of my life

I am trying to fix it if there is a way, hoping that things done as D BAG cadet dont transfer over
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

w108ajo wrote:and for the record, that has been the biggest mistake/regrey/f**K up of my life

I am trying to fix it if there is a way, hoping that things done as D BAG cadet dont transfer over
two major goals for the next year are to get with a legitimate model and to pass ranger school
You have a better chance with the model.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
w108ajo
Embryo

Post by w108ajo »

deleted
Last edited by w108ajo on February 24th, 2008, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

w108ajo wrote:well i am a good lookin fella, but I know I have what it takes to pass RS, I just need to find the way back to the BAC

you should post less and read more.....
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Perhaps your quitting as a cadet does not catch up with you. Maybe it will, maybe it will not. Maybe you can talk your way into BAC. Everyone makes mistakes. But quitting is really not the same thing as a mistake. As you can see, we are not impressed with quitters here. Good luck to you, you are going to need it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
w108ajo
Embryo

Post by w108ajo »

deleted
Last edited by w108ajo on February 24th, 2008, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

w108ajo wrote:CHANGED, just want to know what I have to do to be elgible to go back to BAC. That is all.
You know what, SIR, not everybody was meant to be a rapper, not everyone was meant to be on American Idol, Donald Trump, Ronald Reagan or even Barack Obama. In that same context not everyone was meant to be Airborne or a U.S. Army Ranger. That is the way it is in life, some are and some aren't. Though many would like to be at times. It appears to me, not knowing you but knowing many who have gone before you and have exhibited the decisions that you alone have made.... due to for whatever reasons that seemed justified at the time. That you are not Ranger material nor even Airborne (which for many of us wasn't jack shit in terms of its challenges to our mental or physical abilities).

Airborne school was only a temporary means to an end. That being our primary objective of realizing our dream and to prove to ourselves that we in fact had the "right stuff" to become U.S. Army Rangers and serve our beloved Country as such.

However that does not mean you are without merit, nor without value to our Armed Forces. Accept your limitations whatever they are, strive to push yourself further than you ever felt you could go in the future. But to limit yourself and in essence allow your fears to get the better of you, clearly demonstrate to many of us that your desires and wants do not match your stated resolve to achieve them.

When I volunteered to become a Ranger there was a part of me that was "afraid" that I might not be able to achieve that stated goal, however there was another part of me that was even more fearful of my inability to NOT ACHIEVE THAT STATED OBJECTIVE! Simply I was more afraid of FAILURE than to fail in and of itself. It was that fear of failure that won over the fear of quitting before I challenged myself the fear of not achieving what I felt I was compelled to do, and in essence where I felt I truly belonged in the Army. With like minded men who were serious in the the responsibilities required to defend our Country.

For each and every man the bar in which our fears disallow our stated objectives stands in a different place of measurement. For you to quit prior to "tower" week which in essence is nothing more than a military amusement park ride and technical tool to perfect and practice your exit from a plane (on a harness that ensures you will not get hurt) is without merit to your new found determination to achieve your newly stated dream.

I am of the opinion that you now realize how important it is to your future commission to obtain at the very least Airborne wings or the coveted Ranger Tab. But the Military Award denotes a keen ability to overcome obstacles that at the time can seemingly seem insurmountable to the average soldier, which is why most of the quitters are weeded out during City Week at Ranger School.

You have failed in that endeavor and that is something you can never recover from, in the military. For it is when you're under pressure your "natural tendencies will be discovered" not only for you but for the men you will eventually command. And from a militaristic stand point that is a responsibility that cannot go unheeded. You were given the opportunity to overcome your fears and you failed.

Use it as an example of what your limitations are and though you strive to improve upon them which I commend, the military may not be so forgiving in allowing you to experiment with crucial slots or the lives of men you may eventually command and depend upon your judgment to your satisfaction.
JLTW!!! wrote:I am not trying to be harsh, that is just the way it IS!

Your sniveling will not be tolerated in this atmosphere nor will your excuses go without challenge. However I do wish you luck to be given the opportunity again to overcome your fears, my only hope is that if you in fact are successful in gaining the opportunity, that you use that as a catalyst to overcome fears that you most certainly will face in the future.

Just my 0.02 Sir...........Rangers Lead the Way!!!

In terms of suggestions I would call the commanding officer in charge of Airborne school directly and ask with extreme humility and forcefulness your desire to achieve that which you set out to achieve earlier.

Now before you respond I suggest if you haven't already post an intro, decribing who you are, what you've done and what you're willing to do to become a U.S. Army Ranger........(and btw, please Captilize the word Ranger each and everytime you decide to spell it)

As my fellow Ranger stated its not to be harsh (but to a certain point it is) but it is just the way it is. We tend to me referred to as Men amoung Men. your mindset has qualified your ability to assend to that stature suspect in our eyes.

One last comment, I have never felt like a bitch, and would do battle with any motherfucker who ever suggested that I was one (that's called fighting words). But its hard to prove you're not when you in fact have stated that you consider "yourself" to have been one. That is a mental slight that you have retained for yourself in your OWN MIND. Prove not to me but yourself that you in fact are not one.

Cause I know women who've have achieve Airborne status, that alone would have never and I MEAN NEVER ALLOWED ME TO QUIT BEFORE I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO PROVE MY SELF WORTH!!!

WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO DO!?!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

The truth is that you'll probably get back into the course with no problem. Good luck.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Silverback wrote:The truth is that you'll probably get back into the course with no problem. Good luck.
PM INBOUND 1SG.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “About Airborne School”