The NVA and the silent and deadly tiger.

LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Since Ranger trackerteam6 resurrected this thread, I am now reading 'The Raid' about the raid on the Son Tay prison camp and the CIA purportedly used some bedbug(yes, an insect) connected to a phonograph needle and some kind of amplifier to gather troop movement intel.

The idea was that this bedbug got really excited at the smell of human blood and would start jumping up and down.

They(the CIA) apparently were having problems with the listening devices malfunctioning by mistaking water buffaloes for trucks and whatnot.

This stuff is better than 007!!!
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Ripcord
Tadpole

Post by Ripcord »

We tryed those listening devices, and in the Northern I Corps where the wind seemed like it always was blowing at least 20 mph they were no good ,Like Ranger Steadfast said they were 4 seperate units with no ataiching wires there was a headset if i remember right and each unit was powered by a 9 volt battery and they also had a small antiana ,we finally gave up on them and kept the batterys for our mech ambushes
A/2-501 Anb Inf 101st Abn
RVN 1970/1971 Northern I Corps
If You Have Not Made Out A Will Do So now ,SSG H Breifing new Troopers In Viet-Nam
Wakan Tanka Nici Un
Ripcord , Drive on

Return to “Reconnaissance”