Fieldcraft

LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

We never took anything out with us that made noise. That includes ponchos. I'll never forget the look on my Team Leaders face when he saw a cherry Medic, who we were takeing out for the first time, carefully folding a poncho and putting it in his ruck. I thought the TL was going to have a stroke right there. The TL made him empty all his shit on the ground so it could be checked (and smoked the rest of us for not squareing him away).

Once I got used to the fact that I was going to be wet as soon as I got off the slick, I got to likeing the rain. It covered any noises we might have made. Like Ranger Steadfast said, stepping on a twig could make your heart stop. We didn't even use American rucks because the metal frame could make too much noise. We used a soft canvas thing that kind of looked like a kids backpack today.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

Back-lighting can give away your pos because the enemy will be able to detect even the slightest movement. When approaching a hide determine if the route will expose you to back-light and take another approach. This is true in the alley as well as the bush.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good point RGR Mindriot. Your point is so true. It reminds me of another item that no one has mentioned. We all know the deadly consequences of lighting up whatever you happen to smoke. You are making yourself a target. No one here has mentioned it and that is because we all know don't do something as stupid as that. Those not in Recon and heading there take heed. No open fire, No puffing on a cigar/cigarette/pipe. As the item is puffed on the embers glow very brightly and will illuminate you. Your own team mates may even kill you for this infraction. I know I would be tempted to do just that. This way you won't be alive to do it tomorrow when I ain't looking and get my ass killed. :evil:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

when i was RRD we or i (COMMO GUY) was issued the first truly hand held thermal. it was called MAG600. the rep told me it was pretty much ranger proof. i dropped it in front of him and it broke like a motherfucker. i said "RANGER" proof huh? we got another one and soliday halo'd it in and that one broke. we finally had a good one about the time we made to AVON PARK
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

hate to brust you bubble but that was the second, the first had an aluminuim housing but the screen wasnt a good, it was used for other stuff but we had 2 down in RFSE before I walked down the hall to square yall away :D
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

hey shut the fuck up dave or chad or who ever you really are! don't you ever tell me i am wrong. fuck man next thing you'll be telling me is that my cock isn't 14 inches but 6!

shit ya'll rangers be thanken you knoe it all!
it is yus rengers dat be fuckin up my imfantree, shit sarge i made E-6 in 21 yrs.........................i's wud ah mads it faster for not you rengers fukin up my imfantree
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Myself
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Bubba

Your wrong

sloth I will say you havent seen bubba in action, he dont use a purse, that sounds like some 2 bat stuff, so tell me do you have a nice flannel pattern to match the grunge scene
so what up for sat, do we have a good place to shoot or what?
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Horned Toad wrote:Bubba

Your wrong?

SO I AM 14 INCHES.I KNEW I WAS RIGHT
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

Mentor to Myself
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

RRDTm3 wrote:hey shut the fuck up dave or chad or who ever you really are! don't you ever tell me i am wrong. fuck man next thing you'll be telling me is that my cock isn't 14 inches but 6!

shit ya'll rangers be thanken you knoe it all!
it is yus rengers dat be fuckin up my imfantree, shit sarge i made E-6 in 21 yrs.........................i's wud ah mads it faster for not you rengers fukin up my imfantree
Damn Bubba, you been working on your ebonics? And it has been going around that you are 3". :wink:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

yeah, but once i choke the bitch out and she is hawg tied. it just doesn't matter does it? :shock:
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

Mentor to Myself
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

RRDTm3 wrote:yeah, but once i choke the bitch out and she is hawg tied. it just doesn't matter does it? :shock:
Right on. :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

In my experience, prisoner snatches were the most dangerous missions and gave us the most trouble. We never did come up with anything that REALLY worked well. The little fuckers just didn't want to go with us. We tried everything we could think of and nothing worked well. Did any of the later guys have a method that worked?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

In Panama, I personally didn't have any issues with our prisoners. Towards the end of the operation, the PDF would only surrender to Rangers. They wanted someone that wouldn't shoot if they had their hands in the air. :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Bell

Post by Bell »

Slowpoke wrote:In my experience, prisoner snatches were the most dangerous missions and gave us the most trouble. We never did come up with anything that REALLY worked well. The little fuckers just didn't want to go with us. We tried everything we could think of and nothing worked well. Did any of the later guys have a method that worked?
Knock-out shots work well with uncooperating prisoners. The only problem is ya gotta carry em. Beats wrestling and dragging em and worrying about em sticking ya or shootin ya. Put the little fucker to sleep and drag his ass home.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Reconnaissance”